SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#162360 - 01/18/05 09:09 AM Re: Coldfinger
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Sure fire way to increase circulation and get rid of cold fingers is to do cardio exercises. Consult your doctor, get your heart rate up to 140 bpm for 20 minutes 3 days a week and you'll turn your body into a furnace.

Certainly not as much fun as sucking down some Kickapoo joy juice.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#162361 - 01/18/05 10:14 AM Re: Coldfinger
Bluezplayer Offline

Loc: Catskill Mountains, NY
Cold weather is just one of those things we have to deal with here in upstate NY. It doesn't bother me much, but then again I'm not going to be outside all that much when the temperatures are in the single digits or the minus column. Once it gets over 20 or so, I'm pretty happy in it.

I depise the heat... I'll take this anytime over 90 + weather. The good news for me is that we don't get a whole lot of that up here.

AJ

#162362 - 01/18/05 10:56 AM Re: Coldfinger
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
renig....
I hear ya. Although here in B.C. it ain't as cold as your home. I've lived in a few parts of Northern Ontario where it was colder than a whore's heart.
It recently got down to -13C here on the coast. It was like standing next to my ex-wife all day.
Post a pic of your dog enjoying the snow!!

------------------
...L

#162363 - 01/18/05 04:05 PM Re: Coldfinger
rattley Offline

Loc: Punta Gorda Florida USA
Now that I live in Florida I hate when it gets below 60!!! The blood must get thinner the further south you get. It was only 15 years ago that I would be plugging in the dipstick heater and then knocking the icicles off the roof after shoveling the snow off a 150ft driveway. Sometimes I miss the North.............but not today!!!!

#162364 - 01/18/05 04:48 PM Re: Coldfinger
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Hey Shboom,

Oh yeah, I lived in Nelson, B.C. for a while - almost tropical. Sure, I'll gladly put up a pic. of old Wally in the snow - how do I put a picture on this forum?

Following on from that, could we have a section on this forum where we could all put our handsome mugs (I know some members have had their pics on here from time to time) just so's we can put a face to the names on here. Those of you Korgies who used to go to Glen Hyskell's i30 site (where the heck is Glen these days?) will know he had such a section, and it was great, members were't just a collection of names any more. How about it, Nigel?

#162365 - 01/19/05 01:13 AM Re: Coldfinger
eddiefromrotherham Offline

Loc: Rotherham,England.
Quote:
Originally posted by rattley:
The blood must get thinner the further south you get.

Actually your comments about where a person lives for a while bear some truth.
I have lived in fairly cool Yorkshire, Northern England all my life but for the last 15 years of my working life I was in Export and spent many days and weeks around the Equator on business.
Ever since, I have hated the cold (and I mean, anything below 70F)! OR maybe it's because my age is no longer below 70
cheers

------------------
Eddie from Rotherham
www.yamahakeyboards.info

#162366 - 01/19/05 02:17 PM Re: Coldfinger
shboom Offline

Loc: Victoria, British Columbia
renig...
You can post Wally's pic to your website, if you have one, then use the UBB code to bring it to this forum, although I must say, this would be better if posted to The BAR. Look forward to seeing your friend.

------------------
...L

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online