SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#16217 - 07/28/06 04:30 AM Styles and Style Conversion
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Hi Group,

Mainer, thanks for the tip about EMC trail version. I downloaded it but unfortunately I can't seem to do much wiith it!

Giovanni, Do you know if your version of EMC will convert a Band In The Box style. Also, whats very confusing is what style extension is used for Generalmusic styles.
I have the trial version of EMC (only allows one variation) for Generalmusic.
I tried to convert a midi song to GEM style and the extension EMC put was STS. Is that correct? Because I couldn't load that style on my XP.

Does anyone know another source for good GEM styles not so expensive. The company Music Media Soft has styles but they are 3.50 euros each. and I couldn't find out if you could hear the styles before purchasing.

Also has anyone done anything with sampling, or know where to get good samples? Sure would like to have a better sounding trombone than I've found on the XP so far.

Regards.....Don

#16218 - 07/28/06 03:01 PM Re: Styles and Style Conversion
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Don

I'm sure Davew M will pop in with your answers. I beleive he can help you tweak that trombone to your liking. I will have to try a style convertion one of these days if I can get a whole hour to myself. LOL

Jerry

#16219 - 07/28/06 11:13 PM Re: Styles and Style Conversion
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Don & Jerry , Regarding your questions on Emc Conversion software .
I think the best thing I can do is give you the E mail of Klaus Grosser at the company in Germany . He will be able to answer all your queries . He is a great Guy and very helpful.

EmcSoftware@aol.com

Jerry, My expander is out of action for approx 10 days until the engineer gets back from his holiday to reset all the midi setups .
I'll be happy to send you a style once I'm able to test the result first .

I've not as yet converted styles to the Xp Format .
It was the next task on my list !! until I had the little set back with the memory store !!!on the Xp.
It should work , Because I want to convert a lot of KN7000 styles to XP .

I agree with Don I would like to know of a source of styles for the Gem XP .

regards ...........Giovanni

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online