SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >
Topic Options
#162154 - 10/27/05 12:13 PM Re: First (short) demo's of Tyros 2
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
George V: thanks!
I am right now thinking of your comment about the guitar "pizzicato" and the compression; I guess that will experiment a bit to see how different settings of compression affect the sound of the guitar.

#162155 - 10/27/05 12:18 PM Re: First (short) demo's of Tyros 2
STAM Offline

Loc: Brussels, BELGIUM
Andrea,
The demos are wonderful. I enjoyed them a lot.
The guitar sound is very very very impressive.
Stam

#162156 - 10/27/05 12:25 PM Re: First (short) demo's of Tyros 2
SD_FAN Offline

Loc: São Paulo, SP / Brazil
Mamma mia, Andrea!!!

The guitar sound is astonishing.
I would like to hear live. If in mp3 is already so realistic...

Thanks for sharing these great demos.

Um abraço
Armando

#162157 - 10/27/05 12:44 PM Re: First (short) demo's of Tyros 2
to the genesys Offline

Andrea,
Great stuff!

I like your playing!!!
I absolutely love number 4!!!

Sometimes less is more.

As far as the Tyros 2 goes, it sounds like a very good keyboard.
I am sure in the right hands lots can be done with it.

However, I still don’t think at least IMO that it tops any of the other flagship arrangers on the market notably the Korg pa1x and the Gem Genesys in terms of sounds styles and features.

I think in the right hands, lots can be done with either of them.

I just wonder how much of an effect would the SAV have in a live mix? Also, some of the articulations could sound monotonous after a while.
From the drum demos I have heard so far, other than the oriental percussions, the drum sounds on the Tyros 2 leaves much to be desired.

Again, this is not to say that the Tyros 2 is not a good board. I think that Yamaha now has an arranger that can compete with the Korg pax1 and the Gem Genesys.

Andrea, have fun with the Tyros 2. At the end of the day it really does not matter what keyboard or other tool we use to make music; as long as we could make it work for our individual needs and make like what you just did, good music!

BTW
After listening to the demos, in a strange twist, I could see the SAV coming handier in a studio setting rather than a live one.

When you are on a gig by yourself, the audience knows it is just you and would think that any thing that sounds like a live instrument is not you but more the keyboard. However, if you use some of the SAV in a studio, you could probably get away with fooling some people that it is a live guitar (or what ever instrument) when you know in fact that it is the Tyros 2 SAV

#162158 - 10/27/05 12:56 PM Re: First (short) demo's of Tyros 2
Dreamer Offline

Stam, Armando and To the Genesys: thanks!

I have just recorded another demo, with a style called "Jazz Funk", because I think that it shows how good (and natural) the T2 drums are, but was unable to upload it because my website has been temporarily suspended due to excessive bandwidth usage, so I will have to try again later (or tomorrow?)
Anyway, just listening to this demo I came to the conclusion that maybe we are spoiled with what we hear everyday on the radio: drums and bass heavily equalized (the so called "Ghetto Blaster" effect..) and so maybe we cannot appreciate anymore the sound of a "natural" drumset?
I will try again to upload my MP3 later, but without much hope...

#162159 - 10/27/05 01:07 PM Re: First (short) demo's of Tyros 2
Dreamer Offline

OK: I was able to upload the file. It's called "Jazz Funk Demo". Hope you will enjoy it: if you still think that these drums are not enough "in your face", then we have different tastes for drums...

#162160 - 10/27/05 01:23 PM Re: First (short) demo's of Tyros 2
Impuls Offline

Loc: Netherlands
Dreamer,
Nice job on the T2, i must wait a week than i can taste the T2.
Have a lot of fun on the T2 !
BestRegards,
Arno,

#162161 - 10/27/05 01:26 PM Re: First (short) demo's of Tyros 2
Dreamer Offline

Arno: thanks! I will do my best to enjoy my Tyros 2!

#162162 - 10/27/05 06:30 PM Re: First (short) demo's of Tyros 2
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Eric, alright you guys convinced me..as soon as Claudiu figures out the VA 76, I'm going to get a Tyros 2..

#162163 - 10/27/05 07:32 PM Re: First (short) demo's of Tyros 2
Eric, B Offline

Loc: Ventura, Ca, USA
Hi Fran,

LOL ha, ha, ha

excellent joke

You make my belly hurt.

Eric

Page 5 of 10 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online