SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >
Topic Options
#162114 - 10/27/05 09:15 AM First (short) demo's of Tyros 2
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
OK, I have finally found the time to post some short demo's of the Tyros 2; they are meant to give an idea of some of the new sounds and also of the new styles. They can be found on this page of my website.
The first demo is an example of the new Bossa Nova style, that makes use of the new super-articulation guitar for the rhytm part (in variation 1 of the style there is just the acoustic guitar playing). You can also hear the SA Acoustic Guitar playing the melody of the song.
The second demo portrays the Harmonica and the Super Articulation Sax.
The third demo shows again the SA Acoustic Guitar; I really love the overall atmosphere of this song and frankly don't believe that could have attained the same result with another arranger (sorry, folks...)
The fourth demo is for oriental music lovers: there is just a loop and the SA Sax playing: anyone can guess the title of the song?
Enjoy!

#162115 - 10/27/05 09:16 AM Re: First (short) demo's of Tyros 2
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Sorry, here is the link to the webpage:
http://andrearotolo.tripod.com/dreamer/id16.html

#162116 - 10/27/05 09:31 AM Re: First (short) demo's of Tyros 2
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Andrea, nice acoustic guitar work..

#162117 - 10/27/05 09:33 AM Re: First (short) demo's of Tyros 2
Dnj Offline

Andrea....
Thankyou for the Great assorted T2 Demos I enjoyed them & your playing as well......
But honestly to my ears the more I hear the T2 the more I am not convinced that aside from the real nice SA sounds & a few convience features that it would motivate me to think of gettng one when I feel I can do very close to the SAME thing with my 3k, or T1......to me it sounds just simply Yamaha as usual.......dont get me wrong & this is my own personal opinion looked at in a way for MY uses in MY acts on stage alone......

I wish your much sucess with your new Keyboard, enjoy it, make beautiful music, & hope to hear more form you always.

Ciao

#162118 - 10/27/05 09:48 AM Re: First (short) demo's of Tyros 2
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Great demos dreamer! I liked the fourth one, what IS that called?

I agree with you DNJ that there's no big differences besides the SAs, but for me that is good enough because I just purchased the Kontakt 2 sampler and was about to put the time and money into recording my own trumpets and saxes to get the SA effect - and here Yamaha has done it for me!

Chony

#162119 - 10/27/05 09:49 AM Re: First (short) demo's of Tyros 2
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Andrea, could you PLEASE put on a demo that would showcase the new drum kits? Yamaha didn't put any decent samples on their website. Thanks a lot! Chony.

#162120 - 10/27/05 09:56 AM Re: First (short) demo's of Tyros 2
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Andrea . . . Wow awesome! Your impressive LIVE PLAYED song demos come thru not only with astounding realism, but are captured with much instrumentally moving emotion, especially your guitar playing on Chega De Saudade. I've honestly NEVER heard a better guitar emulated rendition of this song on a keyboard in my entire life. I believe Tom Jobim himself would be astounded to learn this was performed on a keyboard. BRAVO!

Andrea, your LIVE demos demonstrate what ten thousand words cannot do justice to. For the most realistic sounding acoustic music emulation . . . . Tyros2 RULES ! I also appreciated your demo of the T2 'oriental style' . How many Oriental styles & instrument (other than GM/XG) voices does the the T2 include? This offers a great opportunity (at least for me) to finally easily experiment with fusing Eastern grooves with Western melodies. Andrea, your demo not only displays what the Tyros2 offers, but how much you have grown (since you became a SZ member here) as a musicianship yourself. I look forward to our 'next visit' and the opportunity to have fun again playing music together with you again. Berkeley awaits your return.

In closing: To any continuing Tyros2 skeptics: time to visit your local audiologist to get your hearing checked.

Scott

#162121 - 10/27/05 10:09 AM Re: First (short) demo's of Tyros 2
Lou Y Offline

Loc: NY USA
Andrea

Even on my mac laptop the the T2 sounds great. I wish you much luck with it. You play beautifully... enjoy.

------------------
Lou

#162122 - 10/27/05 10:12 AM Re: First (short) demo's of Tyros 2
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Oh your demos were awesome, but I was more blow away by your photography!!

Excellent photo's. What kind of camera do you have? Are they digital?

Al

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#162123 - 10/27/05 10:12 AM Re: First (short) demo's of Tyros 2
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
In closing: To any continuing Tyros2 skeptics: time to visit your local audiologist to get your hearing checked. Scott

Scott my hearing is more then fine...please come up for air, I know your excited about T2 but to push enthusiasm to the point to belittle peoples opinons and beliefs doesnt effect my T2 opinion one bit, The greatest KB of all time senario is kind of silly isnt it? Yes its good but its NOT for everyone... Then to add the Master Carlos Jobin's name for comparison also? ....
I hear what I hear & thats what I go by...thats my final answer gumba

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 10-27-2005).]

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 9 10 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online