SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#162022 - 11/08/05 01:41 PM Trying to catch-up and gig disks question.
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
I stand in awe of the knowledge of the members of this forum and the remarkable willingness to share that knowledge. I’m trying to inch into this century, but you guys are moving at warp speed. For a couple of weeks, I’ve been reading many of the old posts to try to get up to speed so I can understand what’s being said. My head is spinning.
I followed a link from a Gary Diamond post and was blown away at the generosity of the members of that site. I know that Gary implied that the songs and styles from his gig disks were system specific, but in my naiveté, I’ll ask; does anyone successfully use these files in other than a Yamaha KB or module? Is there perhaps a inexpensive program, that will convert .sty to .mid for use in most keyboards? Styleworks does not mention conversion for the older Korg i series instruments (I’m especially interested in the i40M) and it’s a little pricey.
Thanks,
Jerry

#162023 - 11/08/05 01:59 PM Re: Trying to catch-up and gig disks question.
Dnj Offline

Jerry....styleworks 2000 which is an awesome program will easily convert Yamaha styles to Korg with a click of the mouse besides many many more or vica versa.......some sound good some need a bit of tweaking but they will play fine in a Kork i series KB.....the combinatuons are endlesss......no more style specific exclusive to KB's like the old days

#162024 - 11/08/05 08:31 PM Re: Trying to catch-up and gig disks question.
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Thanks Don,
I tried to download the demo version but it wouldn't open. I'll give it another shot tomorrow. Is the program available from a state-side source?
Ciao,
Jerry

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online