SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#161596 - 01/25/02 08:00 AM Re: The SCREEN !!!!!!!
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
Keep ideas coming .......
This is interesting .
UD ....al gore rythmns .......get it !

#161597 - 01/25/02 08:09 AM Re: The SCREEN !!!!!!!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
The PSR8000 had a nice, tilted display. Also Technics has long had an adjustable tilt. I remember problems with the early ones getting to where they wouldn't "stay tilted", but it was a good idea, and I think the later ones were better constructed.
DonM

#161598 - 01/25/02 08:26 AM Re: The SCREEN !!!!!!!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
DanO - I got it! I got it !

#161599 - 01/25/02 08:30 AM Re: The SCREEN !!!!!!!
Dnj Offline

I guess its time for a "HEATKIT" type arranger keyboard? Order what ever feature modules YOU need from a catalog to fit on a Mother keyboard frame..., different screens, vocalizers, seqencers, plug in style and sound boards, speaker pods, etc, etc. making it Your personal keyboard for your own specific uses. Just Mix and Match!!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-25-2002).]

#161600 - 01/25/02 08:47 AM Re: The SCREEN !!!!!!!
Shakil Offline

We would all like to have large active matrix LCD screens, but would we like to pay for it?
It's all down to the cost of the keyboard. They don't mind putting a large screen, if you are willing to pay more for the same board.

#161601 - 01/25/02 09:48 AM Re: The SCREEN !!!!!!!
Denis007 Offline

Loc: Ottawa,ONT,CANADA
What do you think about the Head Up Display ?
It is used in planes to get info on the peace of glass(plastiglass)
just in from of you.

How it works ...
You would have the same screen on your keyboard just like
every keyboard has right now.
In the same time the screen whould be used as a small projector which will project the
data upwards on the piece of glass which is placed VERTICALY at the same hight
as your eyes.
For example the piece of glass(plastic) would be part of the regular note stand which
usually comes with the keyboard and can be placed at the edge of the back plane.
Since it is glass or plastiglass you can still see through it and the audience probably
wouldn't notice it at all.
You would be looking at them and in the same time have the screen data in front of your eyes.
It is especially helpfull for people who use midi files with words of the song too.
Also you could have dedicated buttons, just above your keys(UP,DOWN,RIGHT,LEFT,ENTER) which can easily navigate you through the data on the screen.
With this system you wouldn't have to look down at all, keeping eye contact with nice ladies in
the audience.

In addition to airplane cockpit, the similar system is implemented on TV cameras where the speaker looks at it and read at the same time.
I saw a few conferences with the exacly same principle. You can hardly notice that the guy on the stage has a small piece of glass beside the mic where he reads the speach from.

Anyway it would be fun, don't you think ?

Cheers

Denis

#161602 - 01/25/02 09:48 AM Re: The SCREEN !!!!!!!
J. Larry Offline

Loc: University, MS 38677 USA
The large, "tiltable", color screen on the 6500 is well-worth the price to me. I do a lot of editing and it sure makes the task easier. I wish it were even bigger!

#161603 - 01/25/02 04:49 PM Re: The SCREEN !!!!!!!
SBPC Offline

Loc: Goleta, CA, USA
One problem I've run into is when playing a gig outside during daylight hours. Even though I try to use some type of overhead covering to provide some shade, the red LED's on my keyboard (happens to be a SOLTON MS60) fade out to where they can barely be seen. In addition reflections on the display screen can make it very difficult to see the display. I've also had this happen on stages with bright overhead lights that happen to be at a bad angle relative to my setup. The display issue can be helped considerably by a tilting screen as they use on the Technics KN5000 and other Technics units. The red LED issue may be a bit more difficult. It may take another color or a totally different indicator approach. I don't know how many other players out there have had problems on outdoor gigs, but I have several musician friends who play keyoards and they all complain about the same thing. Most of us have made cardboard shields or some such thing for the display screen, but it does not solve the problem of the washed out LEDs.
Paul C.

#161604 - 01/25/02 07:49 PM Re: The SCREEN !!!!!!!
DanO1 Offline

Loc: Maryland
I would say that Technics has the best screen . Panasonic is a hugh company . They have a larger parent company right ??? So there is an edge with the cost of buying screens .
anything else ? contrast applications ?
Tilt ? Color ? dano

[This message has been edited by DanO1 (edited 01-25-2002).]

#161605 - 01/25/02 10:31 PM Re: The SCREEN !!!!!!!
danb Offline

How about a wearable screen just like a sunglasses? Kinda like the one in virtual reality gadget. Well... I wish all new keyboards now have a VGA port where you can plug-in flat LCD screen and even a touch pad controller like one in a laptop. They're getting cheaper now?

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online