SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#161092 - 03/03/04 07:15 PM PSR2000 query
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
I am trying to double a chorus of a song file. Is there an easy way to do this, please? Can it be done in the keyboard or must it be done on through computer software? Any help would be much appreciated. Cheers Jean Olivia.

#161093 - 03/04/04 12:46 AM Re: PSR2000 query
MacAllcock Offline

Loc: Preston, Lancashire, England
Use a computer. So much easier.

But if you don't have a choice, I think you can do this in the Song Creator by marking the section you want to "double" (for all tracks)(by setting start and end points, I think), then "copy" it, set the location at which you want to paste the data back, and "paste" to this location.

I haven't ever done this, mind; I would worry about whether the information you are pasting will be inserted (all following song data is preserved but moved to follow the inserted data) or will overwrite the existing song data. Clearly you dont want the latter!

Hope this helps.

#161094 - 03/04/04 03:00 PM Re: PSR2000 query
Jean Olivia Offline

Loc: Melbourne Victoria Australia
MacAllcock. Thanks for your reply. I did not want to do this myself, but I have suggested to a singing groupI belong to to buy a PSR2000 and it was one of the questions asked of me. I usually do the job easily with the minidisk, but on my KN6500 I can do it in the keyboard so I thought it might be possible on the PSR2000 but couldn't see it covered in the text book or tutorial. The Grand Prix starts here today, the weather is great and Melbourne is "humming". Cheers. Jean Olivia.

#161095 - 03/05/04 12:53 AM Re: PSR2000 query
MacAllcock Offline

Assuming your group can get along with the keyboard on the PSR2000 (its achilles heel) then I would have no problem recommending it on the grounds of capability.

Having started life using onboard sequencers (on Ensoniq keyboards; pattern based) I find the modern PC sequencer package (I'm a Cakewalk / Sonar user) much easier to use. Even the most basic of these packages will be able to do the manipulations you require.

The sequencer on the 2k has been discussed elsewhere on this forum; most of us seem to avoid it except for remixing / revoicing.

#161096 - 03/05/04 12:54 AM Re: PSR2000 query
MacAllcock Offline

I'll be watching the Grand Prix but on replay, I think! We get it at abouty 3am.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online