Ilija,
there is no sampler on the WK8 or the WK8se. You can load samples from disks but you cannot sample your own samples with a microphone or from an audio input. The Yamaha samples, the X1 samples, but the WK8 only reads samples that are created from a sampler. I just want to clarify this with the readers so they don't get disappointed when they find out you cannot sample.
It's my opinion that the reason more people don't like the Generalmusics as much as Rolands, Yamaha's and even Soltons is because they are not as user friendly to learn how to use. The next reason is that although the sounds are very good, they are not considered by many to be as rich sounding as many others. I think the VA-7 or VA-5 piano, is much more lifelike than the generalmusic. As far as styles go, the WK8 is very good, but so is the VA-7. The variphrase is something that you might not be interested in so check out the VA-5. The Rolands and Yamaha's have 126 or 128 voice polyphony and the Gem has 64. I always say that if you want a really good sequencer, the gem is great, the Roland is next, than Yamaha and Solton. If you need great styles, first Solton, then Gem and Roland are next, and then finally Yamaha, Korg and tecnics. All the top keyboards let you program user styles in great detail.
It is so hard to give opinions although I know that is often times what is needed. You do need to here these. I also wish everyone of you reading these posts lived close to me. Oh, how much fun we would have!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda,Cal.
(Retired 2021)