SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#160930 - 01/27/04 06:53 PM Re: Midi Shootout?
msutliff Offline

Loc: Cottage Grove, MN, USA
Hey Keybplayer,

Here's the midi file:

Click Here

Here's the 128K MP3 recording:

Click Here

Crank this one way up!

I'd be very curious to hear how the Tyros or Korg PA1x does playing this sequence.

mike

#160931 - 01/27/04 08:00 PM Re: Midi Shootout?
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Mike,
I think that song is actually called:
"Never Ever", isn't it? My daughter loved it a year or so ago. I think it's by All Saints.
Nice groove on an old Gospel number.

I guess you're right Dave. I didn't realize the song was an off take of the group All Saints "Never Ever". By the way I had no idea who All Saints were until investigating after reading your post UD. They're an all girl Band from the UK. They were only together for a few years and split up in 2001. Not sure why they broke up but apparently they all made a ton of money and decided to pursue other interests one of which was raising families from what I gathered.

Oh well, SZ members. I see another one of my brilliant ideas has been quietly dismissed as not feasible and has not sparked any interest amongst the Group. Right?? The voice of the majority has spoken. So the majority rules as they say.

TonyW is right though. If it were done we'd all have to use the same Midi file to obtain some type of consistency for the shootout.

Donny, my plan was to use a Midi file or Sequence played through a Keyboard and recorded into a Hard Disk Recorder or Computer, etc. and converted to .mp3 so it would go beyond the barrier of a 'midi file' played and because of obvious reasons sounding different when played on different Keyboards. Because an .mp3 is played back on a computer, etc., not a Keyboard; except in UD's case with his KN7000. So realistically we all would be hearing the same sound with an .mp3 although there would be the sound variances of each different brand Keyboard's sound engine distinguished in that Keyboards recording of the Midi in the resulting .mp3 of course. Which is the whole idea of the Midi shootout - to determine how well a particular brand Keyboard plays back Midi (quality of sound, midi implementation, and overall ambience) of sound in the resulting .mp3 which we could all judge and determine for ourselves which one is the winner.

Since no one else wants to anty up and play I guess the Tyros wins.

Best regards,
Mike

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online