SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#160877 - 02/01/06 11:44 AM Re: Tyros 2 reviewed in Keyboard Mag
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
A Module is not the best solution because for one you have to carry another piece of equipment and the set up and tear down would be longer. Second, you would have to reach for the Module to change settings, etc. and that could be cumbersome during a performance. Third, you would probably need to shield the Module from the audience since in my opinion it would tend to look unprofessional. But having said that I would be open to using a Controller keyboard and a Module if that is the only thing available. Fortunately Roland and Korg are receptive to keyboard players needs and have provided us with the G70 and Pa1XPRO respectively. The only thing holding me back from getting the G70 is the weight issue (plus the exorbitant price ) and the Pa1XPRO's less than stellar Polyphony at 62 note plus it is also rather heavy at 45 lbs. But at least Roland and Korg ARE BUILDING 76 note high end Arrangers. And I'm looking forward to their next offerings which hopefully will be lighter and more feature rich.

The best solution is an all in one solution in my opinion. A 76 key high end Arranger with everything right at your finger tips. Yamaha's key to building a successful 76 note high end Arranger is to keep the weight to at or around 30 lbs and keep the price below the competition. Also they need to provide 'professional' features such a PLG expansion capability, a 'real' Sampler, and a superb keybed suited for Piano playing such as is on the CVP-309. If they give us 76 keys but the keybed stinks they will obviously sell less of them. Also Yamaha needs to put in an improved Vocalizer with a Low-Z Mic input. XLR Main I/O's, etc. would be a nice touch plus Digital I/O's too. And for goodness sake Yamaha please figure out how to implement some great B3 emulations in the Organ category.

I would buy one in a heartbeat and I'm sure hundreds if not thousands of others would too. Others may take a little longer to convince but it wouldn't take them long after word gets out of its superiority in both the sound department and the feature[s] department. But the question still remains if it will indeed be superior or if Yamaha will ever make it at all.

Best regards,
Mike

[This message has been edited by keybplayer (edited 02-01-2006).]

#160878 - 02/01/06 12:10 PM Re: Tyros 2 reviewed in Keyboard Mag
Dnj Offline

Im afraid you are so wrong my friend.
MJ & A37 combo is AWESOME in the right Hands

#160879 - 02/01/06 12:34 PM Re: Tyros 2 reviewed in Keyboard Mag
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by to the genesys:
But you can not get A-37s any more. Can you?

It is discontnued model....but they are still available...I just bought a like new one off the internet at a great price too!!
Great keyfeel also.

#160880 - 02/01/06 01:21 PM Re: Tyros 2 reviewed in Keyboard Mag
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Roland and Korg may be more "receptive" to keyboard players needs but they still don't have it right, judging by the comments about the weight and cost issue(Roland) and the lack of polyphony and weight (Korg).Those are pretty big issues.
Yamaha will definitely not upgrade the Tyros2...they don't need to put on Low-Z Mic input or XLR Mains because the target market for all their arrangers is not the "professional" but the hobbyist.Look up the word" Tyros"......that should be a clue!
They don't "need" to provide anything (76 keys,Digital in&outs,great B3 emulations,improved vocalizer etc.) as the market that wants them is too small.They are already selling the Tyros2 as fast as they can make them ....here in Canada they are back-ordered in a great amount and our market was usually never this large.Larger roomier and weighted keyboards are handled by the CVP Clavinova line....again designed and marketed for hobbyists.
I seriously doubt if the Roland G-70 and the Korg Pa1X pro generate sales figures anywhere near the Tyros...and that's the name of the game for big profitable companies like Yamaha.If their market surveys indicated they would make a profit making a "pro" arranger,they'd be making it.Obviously the market is not large enough so they will let Roland and Korg and a few others have it to themselves.
The hobbyist has the disposable money, and the interest...... and is Yamaha's only concern.
The pro can use a Tyros but will need to be resourceful enough to work around the limitations. There is very little that's "professional" about the Tyros (it's just a bigger,fancier PSR), yet the pros still manage to use them and make money.The fact it has only 61 keys seems to bother only a few....they can get a Roland or Korg.
It's not that Yamaha can't make a pro arranger...they certainly have the resourses...it's that they won't make it unless there is a significant profit.
I hate to sound so negative,but this is what I've been hearing from those above me in the company.
Ian

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online