Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#160836 - 03/27/00 08:46 AM Re: JammerLive Sound Modules
Clif Anderson Offline

A site for laptop musicians.
"The Musical Notebook Computer"
http://members.aol.com/notebooks1

For example it describes

The EMU8710ps is a GM/GS-compatible wavetable synth enhanced with 2 MB of SoundFont RAM. It's also a 16-bit/44.1kHz full duplex* audio card which, when connected to the optional breakout box, features S/PDIF optical digital outputs. (*Mono record/Stereo playback) EMU8710ps

Clif

#160837 - 04/03/00 10:48 PM Re: JammerLive Sound Modules
Nigel Offline
Admin

Loc: Ventura CA USA
Thanks for pointing out that site for laptop musicians Clif, that is a useful link.

#160838 - 04/05/00 08:32 AM Re: JammerLive Sound Modules
Clif Anderson Offline

These quotes from a newsgroup post suggest to me a reason for considering using a sound module with JAMMER Live instead of Gigasampler. In the latter case, you have to worry about the copy protection scheme. Perhaps it is not a big deal to carry the CDROM around. But it adds another complication. Sometimes my CDROM reader cannot read a CDROM, sometimes they get scratched. JAMMER Live is much more user friendly in this respect.

"When I talked to Nemesys tech support to get my Gigasampler working (wrong key being sent from their website) they did say that GigaSTUDIO will have a CD-based copy protection key so they will not be doing the mysterious hard-drive encryption. So I imagine that scheme caused headaches for Nemesys as well as their customers!"

"I have ReBirth 2, and seldom use it due to the fact I need to find the CD,
insert it, wait for the CD to cycle up, then run the app. And, the CD
'checking' process takes an added ten seconds. So, I have over a minute of
wait time."

[This message has been edited by Clif Anderson (edited 04-05-2000).]

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online