SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#16060 - 01/19/02 01:02 PM Official News about the GENESIS?
ComposerRyan Offline

Hi, I was just wondering if there was some official news about the GENESIS, like images of the keyboard or specifications.

From what I've heard, the GENESIS sounds awesome! I really like the feature of a CD Burner and a 3.5 gigabyte harddrive - I have never heard of a keyboard like this one! Also, I have heard that the sound is astonishing - and that is the most important thing of all! There were many other features also on the GENESIS and I am very impressed with what I have heard about General Music - GOOD JOB!

But, I really want to see what it looks like! When General Music finds the time, can we hear some demo songs of specific instruments like strings, piano, electric gutiar, drums like tympani, and other voices like tubular bells? I think that is the most important thing with GEM advertising: making sure their keyboard is heard over the internet by including audio demos and images. That will catch people's attention and encourage them to buy the keyboard.

Also, what is the official price of the GENESIS keyboard? I've heard that it is around $4,000 and that is just outrageous! I think it should be around $2,000 - $2,500. You can buy 4 decent computers with $4,000 - please, lower this price for those who do not have that money, or many will reconsider buying other keyboards like those made by Yamaha.

If anyone could find the time to let us know about this awesome keyboard please let me know! I really want to see some pictures of this keyboard and hear what it sounds like...thanks for taking the time out to read this! See you around on the forum and have a nice day,
Ryan

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT:
http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

#16061 - 01/19/02 01:50 PM Re: Official News about the GENESIS?
turkmusic Offline

Loc: Turkey
It is not logical to have all the features of the Gynesys in a keyboard for 2500$. I find the Gynesys sold at 4000$ very reasonable, because just the addition of 64mb ram of flash and a CDRW plus the hard disk, that makes an additional cost of 1000$ and I heard that it comes with 100 watts speakers and that is also an added value for 400$ plus all the marvellous functions, good quality of sounds and styles... so 4000$ is not too much after all for such a keyboard.

For me I will buy it even if it cost 5000$ and this is the opinion of my friends because with the Gynesis I doesn't need to buy a second keyboard and that is also an added value.

#16062 - 01/22/02 04:44 PM Re: Official News about the GENESIS?
eddy awada Offline

Loc: MI,usa
I wont buy it if it's more than $2500, no keyboard in my opinion is worth more than that, for $4000 i can buy 2 maybe 3 of the best keyboards in the market, personally i don't think there will ever be a perfect keyboard, i will allways have to buy a second one to complete the first.

My 2 cents

Eddy

#16063 - 01/23/02 11:58 AM Re: Official News about the GENESIS?
ComposerRyan Offline

I agree with you Eddy completely. $4,000 is just way to much, imagine what you could buy with that money? Like you said, you could buy 2 or 3 decent keyboards, like the Yamaha MOTIF for instance.

Plus, those who are not fortunate enough to have the money know it is out of the questions. GEM has some amazing and impressive keyboards out on the market, but to become successful with the GENESIS, they need to lower the price.

Well, thanks for supporting my opinion! See you around on the forum and have a nice day,
Ryan

ALSO, PLEASE BE SURE TO VISIT THE WEBQUAD NETWORK AT:
http://www.webquad.com

CONTACT ME AT:
composerryan@webquad.com

#16064 - 01/23/02 04:40 PM Re: Official News about the GENESIS?
Mosiqaar Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA, USA
I have to go along with the last two comments above me. $4000 is too much for any keyboard. After all this is keyboards we are talking about not cars, and not a downpayment for a house !. What happened to the days where a $1000 was too much for a keyboard? I personally I am having a hard time convincing myself to spend $2500 on other keyboards on my mind (such as a Triton or a Solton)....anyway, this is my two cents .

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online