Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#160440 - 11/04/07 07:26 AM Re: Korg Pa2XPro close-up
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:

Just like you were easily fooled by the toy keyfeel on the re packaged S900 and inferior MFD

Nah, Donny, I wasn't fooled...I accept the PSR-900's light action and MFD limitations...the SA and Mega voices and a proper style engine more than make up for them.

But, you have a bigger problem...denial about the PA-800's style fill restrictions.

Perhaps Korg will open a self-help group for people in your situation....go for it, baby!

Ian

#160441 - 11/04/07 07:29 AM Re: Korg Pa2XPro close-up
Dnj Offline

Ian until you post an A/B between the two units fills, which you wont...
I wont reply on this anymore...I know what I play works too well fo me.

#160442 - 11/04/07 07:42 AM Re: Korg Pa2XPro close-up
ianmcnll Offline

No problem, Donny.

Denial of denial...wow!

#160443 - 11/04/07 11:46 AM Re: Korg Pa2XPro close-up
spalding Offline

Loc: Birmingham
But, the hard truth is that the PA-800 is marketed as a home keyboard and the majority of users would expect decent fill-ins that would be more forgiving than the PA-800's "spot on" approach to triggering them.

I 've said this before Ian. Play one yourself if you get the opportunity. I dont understand the fill problem as it does not exist on my PA1X and even though my timing is very good (even if i say so myself) i have tried to trick the keyboard by pressing the fill buttons just out of time and it accomodates my eror flawlessly.

Anyway. Its not the right keyboard for everyone and there is a lot of choice as i said earlier.

#160444 - 11/04/07 11:55 AM Re: Korg Pa2XPro close-up
miden Offline

Loc: The World
timing of hitting fills was not a problem here either...I really can't understand what the fuss is about.

#160445 - 11/04/07 12:14 PM Re: Korg Pa2XPro close-up
ianmcnll Offline

There seems to be two schools of thought regarding the fills...who's right?

Something must be amiss, or no one would be complaining.

#160446 - 11/04/07 06:05 PM Re: Korg Pa2XPro close-up
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
My view is that the fills are out of charachter to many (not all) of the patterns. They trigger just fine, but they are usually busier than the current style, so it appears that they "jump" into the measure. About 60% of the time, the fills are OK, but the other 40% is a toss up - some good, some...not so much.

Still, with the 16 measure style patterns and the very useable break button .... there is plenty of variation to suit many needs. This is the best vocal processor and monitor I ever had, so I'll live with some minor limitations in the fills. Most of my crowd responds to the vocals anyway...the rest is fluff in my shows. As long as it's solid and danceable ..... I can keep the room alive with it.

#160447 - 11/04/07 06:13 PM Re: Korg Pa2XPro close-up
miden Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
My view is that the fills are out of charachter to many (not all) of the patterns. They trigger just fine, but they are usually busier than the current style, so it appears that they "jump" into the measure. About 60% of the time, the fills are OK, but the other 40% is a toss up - some good, some...not so much.

Gary you have nailed it there!!. That is (was? after op sys3 on the pa1) the problem with the early PA series fills, just out of context with what was being played to what was coming, more particularly on the way back. AFAIK, most over at the korg forums are happy with fills on both the PA800 and the updated PA1x (op sys 3) Korg have listened and varied the fills..And another point I would like to make to another poster is the the fills are editable, just like any other part of the styles on the korg keyboards..In my case I just couldn't be bothered, and found ways around it...
Dennis
In just 25 more days I can give everyone a first-hand evaluation of the PA2xpro...so we will see, as someone else said there are many more reasons to buy a keyboard than just the fills, its the total package that matters, and I reckon the PA800 and the new PA2x are going to be "the bomb" for some time to come

#160448 - 11/04/07 06:15 PM Re: Korg Pa2XPro close-up
miden Offline

OOPS!!! of COURSE I meant Dave in the previous post...my bad.....how embarrassing
Dennis...
NIGEL, BRING BACK THE EDIT BUTTON rotflmao

#160449 - 11/04/07 06:35 PM Re: Korg Pa2XPro close-up
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi Dennis,
I tried a couple of PA1X styles that came with EMC. ( I can only assume they were genuinely PA1x)
I did notice that fill 2 seemed a bit out of context & particularly loud compared to the rest of the style. For some bizzare reason they put expression controllers in a fill, the strings were fading in & out, might have been causing part of the problem.

I haven't really noticed that to any great degree in the PA800, only that fill 2 seems to work better with variations 3 & 4 , ( it seems busier) wheras fill 1 works quite well with any of them.

Another neat trick I discovered today was being able to trigger a fill with velocity.
I set mine to break.

Also great all the optional settings for which variation a fill will go to ie toggle between vari 1 & 2, or do increments up or down etc etc

No doubt the time will pass quickly enough before your PA2x arrives, you'll be counting hours soon.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by miden:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

Page 5 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online