SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#160235 - 06/30/03 07:27 AM RE: cam8neel
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Took the time Friday night to go with my wife, her sister and brother in law to Federal Hill (THE Italian section) in Providence RI to hear our forum brother cam8neel aka ANGELOOOOO..... ...
This area of Providence has become a restaurant mecca, primarily Italian, but there are one or two other ethic infuences... Along with the restaurants that line the main drag (Atwood Ave.) there is DePasquale Square, a small piazza which has a lovely fountain, ala the Fountain of Trevi, and is the location for about 5 restaurants, all of which offer outside dining ... On this particular, beautiful Friday evening the piazza was filled and quite exciting ... While one of the restaurants was playing Italian music through outside speakers, what was missing was some good LIVE music ...
Meanwhile..... "down the road apiece", only about a half mile, but seemingly far from the excitement of the piazza, sits this lovely, intimate Italian restaurant named 'Euro Bistro' ... With its own little courtyard, this place had the one thing that was missing at the piazza ... GOOD, LIVE, MUSIC ... in the person of the one and only ANGELOOOOO ....
... The food was FANTASTIC (one of the BEST veal chops with mushroom sauce ever!!! [aside from my own ]- but Federal Hill is known for its veal)... the wine was nice, the company was great, but most of all, Angelo did a beautiful job singing and playing his 2000 ... He played the songs of many artists, mostly from the 70's through 90's, and some newer stuff as well - great job on "I'm Amazed By You" - and he does Elton John and Billy Joel really well ...
His sound was really good as well, both vocally, and instrumentally ...
Even though I hadn't noticed it until he mentioned it to me, 'the buzz' so many of us have given him advice about was still there, even though he had tried all our recommendations ... has to be something in the house line ... I suggested he try plugging into the building next door (he was playing outdoors in the courtyard), but I don't think he tried that ...
Angelo did a great job and is deserving of a larger venue with a bigger audience...
Thanks for a really nice night Ang...
t.

#160236 - 06/30/03 07:51 AM Re: RE: cam8neel
cam8neel Offline

Loc: Providence, RI USA
T.-

I just want to thank you for your support, mio fratello! In a world where true friends are few and far in between, I am proud to call you my 'amico'. Hope your lovely wife Lydia and your bro-&-sis in-law enjoyed themselves as much as I enjoyed performing for you all. Though it was as far from "packed" as you can get, at least in my eyes, the "right" people were there! Thanks again, bro.

Ang

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online