SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#160207 - 01/22/01 05:39 PM I'm better than you guys
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I finally got my computer to download the stuff off of Don's site and listened hard to the tunes you guy's did. So, I was in the process of carrying my keyboard out to run over it with my dump truck. But my wife told me stop and to hook the keyboad back up and do "Your Song". When I finished she applauded. Then she said now do Billy Joel's "Just The Way You Are". When I finished she applauded again.Then she says now get your horn and do "Night Train" and Yakety Sax. Then she says you can play the Sax. They can't. And you can sing better than those guys.

So I'm gonna keep plugging away.
Incidentially, the wife is like Johnny Cash and Cris Krisoffensen. Totally tone deaf. Couldn't carry a tune in a bucket if her life depended on it. But she is my biggest fan. Maybe there are more like her out there than there are like me.
Boo

#160208 - 01/22/01 10:14 PM Re: I'm better than you guys
Clif Anderson Offline

Hi Boo

Good for you on the downloading. Just when I lost the ability. I guess there was some kind of transfer. And if you get an inferiority complex, just remember that I and most others are not posting MP3s. In my case, it is for a good reason.

Clif

#160209 - 01/22/01 10:18 PM Re: I'm better than you guys
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Be sure and bring your wife with you in March when you come down here. Sounds like my kind of woman. Ears like Johnny Cash, and most likely eyes like Ray Charles.
We need more of those.
Let's start another debate. Is it colder in Colorado, New Jersey, Minnesota, or PA?
Think I'll play golf tomorrow myself.
DonM

#160210 - 01/23/01 04:41 AM Re: I'm better than you guys
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
AW..... to bad you have to play by yourself, Don. BTW - I was able to play almost 1 1/2 minutes of Ilija's tune - everyone else is done before 30 seconds is up. Weird.

#160211 - 01/23/01 07:42 AM Re: I'm better than you guys
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Cliff,

I just followed the instructions Don sent. But I used the options on the view menu instead of a tools menu that Don said to use because the Media Player Windows 98 version does not have the tools menu. Then I proceed to turn the MP3 Thing A Ma Jiggy off. And like Don said when I click the link instead of Media Player jumping up on the screen, I get the box that ask if I want to open at current location or do I want to save to disk. I just save it to disk.
works every time.

If any one wants the instructions, I'll send them Don's email.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online