SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >
Topic Options
#160070 - 03/16/05 07:56 AM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by The Accordionist:
...It used to be Scott Yee, Donny, Don M, Uncle Dave, Fran, etc., and now it seems that a whole new crew have arrived and the "old guard" seem to have vanished...

You didn't miss me, Tommy, but I do really understand your request. I am one of the newer posters. I came to visit this forum because I had and have trouble with my synth. I've got some really good advisements in here but nevertheless it will last a while until the trouble will be shot. If the trouble will be shot I will leave this forum for a longer time because I'm in progress of recording.

Maybe the threads will go better again then...

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#160071 - 03/16/05 08:01 AM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Posted by Trident:
---------------------------------
"Squeak_D is also missing I think"
---------------------------------

I'm still here, but like others have said I'm not interested in some of the topics that have come up lately. I pop in from time to time now to read the posts, and if one catches my eye I'll read and possibly post if I have something to say on the issue. The forum has gotten a little dry lately, but I've seen this happen before. I've been a member going on five years now, and over that time I've seen it happen a few times.

Squeak

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 03-16-2005).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#160072 - 03/16/05 09:25 AM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA

My Youngest grandaughter Grace at the G1000

#160073 - 03/16/05 09:30 AM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
Sheriff Offline

Loc: Frankfurt, Hessen, Germany
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
...My Youngest grandaughter Grace at the G1000...

Maybe she will be the next piano star in 2020!?
A very nice photo - she's really examining the kb - what a sweet child!!!

------------------
Greetings from Frankfurt (Germany),
Sheriff ;-)

#160074 - 03/16/05 09:53 AM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
...and she'll still be playing that G1000 in 2020. But she'll have to have a boyfriend to carry it for her, cause grandpa will be too old.
DonM

#160075 - 03/16/05 10:37 AM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Grandpa's too old now!

#160076 - 03/16/05 10:43 AM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:

I'm currently working on a miniature, stereo, pre-amp that puts out sufficient power to match the keyboard's normal levels.

Yeah .. the psr3k's aux inputs are VERY weak. Lemme know how you make out - I'm a customer if you can make it right !

#160077 - 03/16/05 11:55 AM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
travlin'easy Online   happy

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
No problem Dave. I'll post the photos and results.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#160078 - 03/16/05 12:10 PM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I would think this would be one quick and easy solution for those wanting a pre-amp.

I bought a few several years ago for my phono's. Don't have a need for them yet, but heck, I bought them at the Dollar Store.

Let's see. How much did I pay for them yet? Hmmmmmmmm..............

Sorry, I used to go into the Dollar Store and for fun I'd go up to the girls at the counter and ask them how much some item was. Cheap humor.
http://pcworld.pricegrabber.com/search_getprod.php/masterid=431107/

Best
Scott

#160079 - 03/16/05 12:13 PM Re: Slowdown on the forum?
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
IMO all the Off Topic posts have taken a toll on the disolving memebership....sad. ;(

I fully agree. Seems like half of the topics here aren't about arrangers anymore.

There isn't much happening in arrangers lately anyway, and I was very disturbed by Yamaha's draconian approach of asking independent forums to remove the pix of the Tyros II that were leaked out. I seems that even if something juicy comes along to see and talk about in arrangers, it'll be removed. I feel like our hands were slapped. Plus the guy who was claiming to have the inside track on Yamaha's new stuff, "tigerfool", has also disappeared.

It was Nigel's call and I respect that, and other forums also cooperated with Yamaha's call to remove the Tyros II pix, but I'd like to have seen someone stand up to Yamaha on the basis of free speech - if they let a prototype keyboard out for use at a performance (as the pix appeared) then we should have every right to post pictures and discuss it. It's not like the pictures were taken inside of their secret corporate test labs or something. What good is an open forum if manufacturers can effectively censor it?

Well it could be worse - the discussions on Yamaha's own ArrangerWorkstation.com are pitiful. But this incident sure put a damper on my enthusiasm for talking about new arrangers and the Tyros II in particular.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online