SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#160012 - 10/20/02 12:47 AM Re: Any Genesys demos out there?
ziggy Offline

Loc: Malta
HI Lou, I own a Genesys and let me tell you man this Keyboard is OUTSTANDING. I am very fuzzy about REALISEM of sound, and this Keyboard is a winner ALLROUNDER, for a Pro like me I don't settle for second best. I have been giging with it now for over 2 weeks and I am very satified with the risults and comment I have had, some SAXES sound much better than the REAL THING, one example is the ALTO SAX man this is out of this world you wouldn't know that I am playing a keyboard when you hear it, guitars are Exelent, drums you get lost with the quality and viriety, so go and listen before you purchase any other keyboard, about the wieght, it's heavy, but that didn't bother me much cause I use a trolly to carry so it's not that dificult to carry from one place to another, and you could take off the speakers if you don't use them, very easy to dismount from the keyboard!!!!

#160013 - 10/20/02 03:56 AM Re: Any Genesys demos out there?
trtjazz Offline

Lou,
I like the Genesys, but it is still second on the short list, Tyros of course first and here's why.

The Yamaha sweet, live and mega sounds to me are still the best I've heard.

Other than George I don't know of anyone carrying the Gem line. So product support and all that goes with it is out. Yamaha is a phone call away.

There are tons of things on the net available for the Tyros. Styles software etc.

I am familiar with the Yamaha o/s and think it fairly intuitive, I don't have a clue on the Genesys.

While the cd burner and goodies are nice, I wouldn't use them, except for upgrading possibly.

Weight doesn't concern me either as it is for studio use. If I was still doing live gigs though, the weight of the Genesys would not concern me. That's what they make dollies for.
Terry

#160014 - 10/20/02 04:17 AM Re: Any Genesys demos out there?
trtjazz Offline

Does anyone know if there are demos of just the sounds alone?
thanks,
Terry

#160015 - 10/20/02 06:13 AM Re: Any Genesys demos out there?
Lou Y Offline

Loc: NY USA
Ziggy
Thanks for the info. I do have a Tyros on order and waiting patiently. I expect it to be an excellent board but if I'm wrong I will sway Genesyes.
Lou

#160016 - 10/20/02 06:18 AM Re: Any Genesys demos out there?
Lou Y Offline

Terry
My first choice is Tyros. Like you said the support and Net info will be overwhelming.
Not to mention the user interface and wealth of styles that are and will be available........still waiting.............Lou

#160017 - 10/20/02 07:03 AM Re: Any Genesys demos out there?
trtjazz Offline

Lou,
If you don't mind me asking,where did you order yours from?
Terry

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 10-20-2002).]

#160018 - 10/20/02 09:49 AM Re: Any Genesys demos out there?
Lou Y Offline

Terry
Sad to say sam Ash.....$2,795.
They weren't going to carry the line so I had to place the order, put down some bucks and keep my fingers crossed. Fifteen day cash, Thirty day store credit. What can you do. They've got you by the pants.....but I have alot of faith in Yamaha...
Lou

#160019 - 10/20/02 03:42 PM Re: Any Genesys demos out there?
trtjazz Offline

Lou,
I have faith too....if they'd already ship 'em. I want my new toy already.
Terry

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online