SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >
Topic Options
#159764 - 03/08/07 06:23 AM Re: o/t AMERICAN IDOL ARE YOU READY...again?
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by spalding4:
i didnt know that you could vote for the Band ? They are my American Idols !!

A band THAT GOOD should be your inspiration, listen good to them.....btw the KB player uses a Roland Fanthom .....

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-08-2007).]

#159765 - 03/08/07 09:55 AM Re: o/t AMERICAN IDOL ARE YOU READY...again?
Dnj Offline

Melinda Doolittle
Hometown: Brentwood, TN
Song: Peggy Lee's 'I'm A Woman'
Grade: A

Can we just call it a season and bequeath the crown to this jewel? From her 'For Once In My Life' audition to last week's classic 'My Funny Valentine,' no one in memory has been so consistently magical. Her voice as big as a Macy's parade, her tone pure ecstasy and her unique phrasing enchantingly original, she's such a paradigm you wonder where she's been your whole life. She displayed a brassy, vampy moxie tonight that just embellishes another color to her rainbow glow. To paraphrase Simon's appraisal of Tamyra from season 1: if she doesn't win this whole damned thing there should be rioting in the streets.

Prediction: Well, duh! more

Biography
Credits
Photos

#159766 - 03/14/07 09:25 AM Re: o/t AMERICAN IDOL ARE YOU READY...again?
honesty Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA US
I personnally like Antonella, but not her singing, she should be a model instead. Hane you seen here internet PICTURES (WOW)
JP

#159767 - 03/14/07 10:30 AM Re: o/t AMERICAN IDOL ARE YOU READY...again?
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Donny, I agree wholeheartedly with Simon in that Melinda and Lakisha (as pure singers) are definately in another class than the other contestants, HOWEVER.....this is no guarantee that either will have as big a career as some of the others. Lakisha is my personal favorite with Melinda close behind. I was also really liking Blake up until the last performance (different drummer...I like that). BUT...if I had to bet my money on who will be most successful over their careers, I would probably bet on someone like Gina (the rock chick). That's because of young people's love affair with rock. She's got the image and the attitude and apparently that's enough. Look at Carrie Underwood. Who in their right mind is going to believe that this mediocre (at best) talent is the best America has to offer. Remember now, that I'm talking strictly about singing ability and talent, not commercial potential (blonde, wholesome, corn-fed, country, etc., etc.; why gol dang, I think I just died and went to heaven....who cares whether she can sing or not, bet she can milk a mean cow and would look dang good behind the wheel of that pick-up).

So, in conclusion, they are not wrong who critisize and question the show's status as a showcase for the best talent in America. Did anyone actually listen to Antonella? How on earth could this person possible be one of the top 20 singers in America? top 20 million, MAYBE. Truthfully, I didn't even think she was that hot (but then, I'm an old man, what do I know).

chas

#159768 - 03/14/07 11:12 AM Re: o/t AMERICAN IDOL ARE YOU READY...again?
Dnj Offline

You dont have to win Idol to become a successful star....exposure is the key in this game as shown by previous years participants stardom...#1 is just a Title...getting there and showing people out there what you got is your ticket....
Just you watch & Im sure many weird surprises will flourish in the coming few months for sure!

#159769 - 03/14/07 04:12 PM Re: o/t AMERICAN IDOL ARE YOU READY...again?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Aw crap. No Gilmore Girls last night. There's nothing on TV now. Sheesh .......

#159770 - 03/14/07 04:49 PM Re: o/t AMERICAN IDOL ARE YOU READY...again?
Dnj Offline

Diana Ross looked great singing on IDOL tonight......man those kids were starstruck!!!

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 03-14-2007).]

#159771 - 03/15/07 07:06 AM Re: o/t AMERICAN IDOL ARE YOU READY...again?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
She actually looked heavier than she has in years ... which is a GOOD thing ......
t.

#159772 - 03/29/07 10:46 AM Re: o/t AMERICAN IDOL ARE YOU READY...again?
Dnj Offline

http://www.yahoo.com/s/543904

Kat McPhee looking & sounding good video

#159773 - 03/29/07 05:28 PM Re: o/t AMERICAN IDOL ARE YOU READY...again?
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Why is it that only beautiful people have talent? No such issues in the classical repertoire.

Page 6 of 11 < 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online