SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >
Topic Options
#159784 - 04/27/07 09:06 PM Re: o/t AMERICAN IDOL ARE YOU READY...again?
renig Offline

Loc: Canada
Sure it raised a lot of money, a very laudable effort in itself (I hope most of it gets to where it's intended - some charities have a less than stellar reputation in this department).

But AI is still what it is, a schlocky put-up, albeit with a small number of talented singers but also deliberately loaded with no-hopers. And whose idea was that 'Elvis with Celine Dion' number? A new low in dreck, it made me gag.

#159785 - 04/28/07 08:50 AM Re: o/t AMERICAN IDOL ARE YOU READY...again?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
A few weeks back there was a show on PBS where Elvis' back up band played live to a video or some other kind of graphic of Elvis performing in concert ... Interspersed were views of the band then, and current views as they were playing live ... it was kind of freaky, but interesting at the same time ... I thought it was amazing that they could sync the live with the video as well as they did, playing live solos, etc. ... It looked like they were playing to a sizeable live audience as well .....
t.

#159786 - 08/25/08 09:58 PM Re: o/t AMERICAN IDOL ARE YOU READY...again?
Dnj Offline

#159787 - 11/09/08 06:44 PM Re: o/t AMERICAN IDOL ARE YOU READY...again?
Dnj Offline

Dancing With the Stars may be halfway through its season run, but the next reality juggernaut is already waiting in the wings.

While Fox itself has yet to formally announce when American Idol will return to the airwaves, USA Today reports that the eighth season will kick off with the freak show that is the audition process in a two-day, four-hour schadenfreude spectacular Jan. 13 and 14.

This time around, Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Paula Abdul—along with the indefatigable Ryan Seacrest—will be joined by new judge Kara DioGuardi when they crush dreams and hopefully unearth a superstar or two while making stops in San Francisco; Phoenix; Salt Lake City; Louisville, Ky.; East Rutherford, N.J.; Kansas City; and, for the first time, Puerto Rico. >>Read the rest of the story

#159788 - 11/10/08 05:06 AM Re: o/t AMERICAN IDOL ARE YOU READY...again?
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Donny,

Ok, it's been so long since the last Idol, I forgot who won again??? I don't see the huge chart buster hits from David Cook as with Kelly Clarkson, Carrie Underwood, Daughtry.

Personally, I think the Idol age group is too young, I think musicians arrive in their prime in their 50's like you and me. ;-)

Al

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Dancing With the Stars may be halfway through its season run, but the next reality juggernaut is already waiting in the wings.

While Fox itself has yet to formally announce when American Idol will return to the airwaves, USA Today reports that the eighth season will kick off with the freak show that is the audition process in a two-day, four-hour schadenfreude spectacular Jan. 13 and 14.

This time around, Simon Cowell, Randy Jackson and Paula Abdul—along with the indefatigable Ryan Seacrest—will be joined by new judge Kara DioGuardi when they crush dreams and hopefully unearth a superstar or two while making stops in San Francisco; Phoenix; Salt Lake City; Louisville, Ky.; East Rutherford, N.J.; Kansas City; and, for the first time, Puerto Rico. >>Read the rest of the story

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#159789 - 11/12/08 08:10 AM Re: o/t AMERICAN IDOL ARE YOU READY...again?
Dnj Offline

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20081112/ap_en_tv/tv_idol_gives_back

If you dont like reality shows......please read this.....there's more to it then just a talent contest in the overall big picture.. WTG Idol!

#159790 - 11/12/08 11:59 AM Re: o/t AMERICAN IDOL ARE YOU READY...again?
Dnj Offline

#159791 - 01/12/09 07:24 PM Re: o/t AMERICAN IDOL ARE YOU READY...again?
Dnj Offline

SEASON #8 Tonight 1/13
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090113/ap_en_mu/tv_american_idol

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 01-13-2009).]

#159792 - 01/13/09 06:55 AM Re: o/t AMERICAN IDOL ARE YOU READY...again?
Kingfrog Offline

Loc: Myrtle beach SC
Quote:
Originally posted by Uncle Dave:
Why? It's farse disguised as a competition. I hate the fact that they promote the "K" word over real musicianship, and they treat the audience as if we were stupid enough to believe that Simon is mean, Randy is cool, Paula is a ditz .... it's just fluff. It's boring to me, but if you and the millions of fans out there keep watching it - more power to ya. I tried a few episodes each season because my 13 yr old daughter likes it, but it always leaves me cold.

So, I put it in the trash heap with ALL other "reality" shows like Survivor, Biggest loser, Jerry Springer ..... the list is WAY too long to be accurate, but you can quote me as saying that the state of American made TV is very sad.

My guilty pleasure used to be the Gilmore Girls, but after season 6 when the real writers left the show ... it started to suck wind, big time. So far Season 7 has been a waste of time. Poorly written, boring and they have ruined a story that I used to like to follow.

We all have our favs ....... but reality and TV are mutually exclusive terms. I watch TV to get away from reality. I want entertainment, fun and creativity. I find none of that in Idol.

Sorry fans - just one man's opinion.

+1 Yoh? You can't argue with success though.
JERRY SPRINGER was hugely successful!!You certainly can argue with success. Americans are not general considered a cultured culture. how much culture can a country develop in 200 years? We are watching it.

Another "reality" show thats not real at all and aimed for the youth market. A nice way for a single individual Simon Crowell to gain "first refusal" contracts for ALL dream seekers regardless if they win or they should break out in the future on their own success through entertainment starved American youth spoon fed RAP and Hip Hop
hearing their peers sing pop songs.

Then they sprinkle in the bad people to ridicule for "entertainment value" Some of those kids had a "dream as well." Its probably the only show on TV that parents can actually watch with their kids though and have a dialog with. In that regard it's a good thing for family unity.

No one is "real" when there are three cameras on them 16+ hours a day in a contrived situation.

[This message has been edited by Kingfrog (edited 01-13-2009).]
Casio PX-330
Martin DC Aura
Breedlove ATlas Solo
Bose MOD II PA

#159793 - 01/13/09 07:00 AM Re: o/t AMERICAN IDOL ARE YOU READY...again?
Dnj Offline

Idol .....8 years ! America loves it!

Page 8 of 11 < 1 2 6 7 8 9 10 11 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online