SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
#159517 - 06/04/02 12:50 PM Re: REQUEST ADVICE ON PSR9000 AND PRO
deatonent Offline

Loc: Tazewell, VA, USA
rgtta,
I read in one of your posts that you have added the 64 meg memory to your 9000. I want to do the same but have not been able to find a place to buy them (or even which chips will actually work). Where did you get yours?
Thanks,
Deaton

#159518 - 06/04/02 02:35 PM Re: REQUEST ADVICE ON PSR9000 AND PRO
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by DonM:
Tom, they are no longer on the web because Yamaha demanded that they be taken down. I will email them to you.
DonM

Actually the CV209 files are now located on the Yahoo Groups 'PSR2000' forum site:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/psr2000

You'll need to first join the Yahoo Groups PSR2000 forum (free), and then click on the 'files' section to download the free styles:
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/psr2000/files/

In addition to the CV209 stuff, there are other PSR2000 styles you can download (for free) and checkout as well.

Scott

#159519 - 06/04/02 02:39 PM Re: REQUEST ADVICE ON PSR9000 AND PRO
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I forgot they were there now. Anyway, I mailed them.
DonM

#159520 - 06/05/02 04:52 AM Re: REQUEST ADVICE ON PSR9000 AND PRO
rgtaa Offline

Deatonent
I got the 64 meg simms (32meg x 2) from Staples store ... PNY brand ... it cost 79 dollars about 2 months ago.
I have the box in front of me and I'll read you the name and serial number from the box! I tryed 3 or 4 times to get the right simms chip for the psr9000... so I know how frustrating it is! From what I hear the PSR9000 takes a different chip than the 9000 PRO! So I'm talking about the PSR9000 ... OK!

The package is Yellow: (don't get it in red packaging... different production of chip which didn't work)

PNY technologies
MEMORY MASTER Complete Upgrade Kit
7280060se-cs
64mb edo upgrade kit

Good luck in your search! It gives you 12 minutes of sampling time or can store tons of sampled sounds ... There are tons of WAV files online ... funny jokes, weather sounds, gun sounds, anything in WAV format works ... lots of possibilities ... 1 meg is 11 secs of sampling which is in the unit by default ...

I jammed with some guitar players and as they were singing and playing I sampled their whole song ... and then latter played it back ... and the audiance couldn't tell if they were singing the same song again! It sounded that good! Even the guys standing next to the singer were fooled ... thinking the guy was singing!

I got different people to say some phrase like " that's stupid" or " hey... leave me alone" ... and then would incorperate it into any of my songs ... with a touch of a key!

The 11 sec default sample in prs900 is also for playback too... so if you want to playback a premade sample your total is 11 seconds (without the upgrade)... that's why 12 minutes is way better ... you can have instant acces to lots of playback samples in sample Banks. Some people didn't know that on other forums... they mistakenly thought it was only for recording and you could latter load sample Banks from hard drive! You can't! Yes... you can load one or 2 short ones for a total of 11 seconds! ... once I realized this... then I knew I needed the upgrade!
How about " THIS IS THE POLICE.... THIS is a raid" ... with sirens and guns shooting SOUNDS ... as you are playing in some gig! LOL

[This message has been edited by rgtaa (edited 06-05-2002).]

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online