SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#159507 - 05/31/02 05:50 AM Re: REQUEST ADVICE ON PSR9000 AND PRO
rgtaa Offline

I have owned the psr9000 for about 8 months now and bought it at Mars Music for 1699 ... floor model. I love it ...I installed the 64 megs for the sampler and 8 gig hard drive option which psr2000 doesn't have .... the Built-In Wood Encased Speakers sound loud for small to medium room jam sessions. I have owned roland xp-80 and I'm use to 50 pounds ... gee ...my amps weighs about the same (JBL EON powered speakers). I compose and play mostly at home ... and taking it out to jam with friends isn't bad ... I tryed the psr2000 but it looked and seemed flimsy compared to the psr9000. I played the 9000 pro but I miss the speakers and I wouldn't have gotten the expansion boards for it if i bought it .. and it was 1000 dollars more.
I downloaded thousands of styles (yamaha,roland,ect) from the internet and imported them into the hard drive ... and thousands of karioke and midi songs ... it will take a long time to fill my 8 gig hard drive!
I can afford to get the prs2000 also ...but I played it in Sam Ash stores for about a week ... and I just didn't like it ... came home turned the psr9000 on and played it ... and said! "Man ... BIG BIG difference between the two models! Yugo (psr2000) to Lexus (psr9000) .
But if you can't afford the 9000 models ... hey ... you get what you pay for. All I know is what I can imagine I can play on my prs9000 ... so it's heaven for the musican in me!
I would love to get the build quality of the 9000 in the size and weight of the prs2000 ...as many on this board write ... hope yamaha is listening!

p.s. Scott ... OTS settings can be saved using the Registrations ... i have 500 registration settings ... one button calls it all up (sytle,ots,vocializer settings,Pads,tempo,ect)and I can see Names of 8 Songs in Window for each Bank of Registrations and pick the one I want ... and I can save my sytles in hard drive and registration will call it up!

I downloaded from the net a file that contained 500 registrations all ready made! COOL!

And I love the PADS! I have lots of Banks of them! Each PAD can have 4 instuments playing solo's or rythmes in addition to regular accomplaments... I can push a button and a sax solo will start ... chord sensitive! and another and guitar stum ... ect... so it adds another diminsion to my playing! And I also downloaded from the Net ... banks of Pads already made! WOW! COOL STUFF!

Scott ... I went to your homepage and played your music... GREAT stuff!

[This message has been edited by rgtaa (edited 05-31-2002).]

#159508 - 05/31/02 06:11 AM Re: REQUEST ADVICE ON PSR9000 AND PRO
Esh Offline

Loc: Hilton Head, SC, USA
Scottyee:
Let me add one other cool and underlooked feature of the PSR2000 for you: it is one of the first to implement the new XF Scorch file format that allows it to display scrolling sheet music, which is utterly useful and something the 9000 series does not do (yet?). It'll likely be in the new Tyros series I'm guessing.
I can't get over the 64-note polyphony limitation of the PSR2000 though... frankly, to perform the way I do would require me to own not less than two of them and even then I wouldn't have the polyphony of my expanded 9Kpro. In fact, I was using a Kurzweil PC88 and a Roland EM-2000 on stage for performance and I replaced both of them with my 9000 Pro.

Esh http://www.mp3.com/esh

#159509 - 05/31/02 07:55 AM Re: REQUEST ADVICE ON PSR9000 AND PRO
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Thank you People, Y'all are really great. These are truly great posts of priceless info and I owe you, each and everyone of you. I feel I am getting closer to that decision everytime I come here and read more of these excellent posts on the subject.
This is dificult for me because even though I have had keyboards since 1972 and a project recording studio since 1987, I have never owned a piece of Yamaha Equipment. I also had the attitude of many that their equipment was Department Store Toys. I begin to evolve through that when I bought the first Technics keyboard, a KN800, and I am now on my third Technics, a kn6000. I am seriously considering the 9000 pro now. I think I am more inclined to that keyboard after reading all your posts on three of the forums here on the SYNTH ZONE
Thank you all so much and best to you all from,
BEBOP

#159510 - 06/01/02 09:46 AM Re: REQUEST ADVICE ON PSR9000 AND PRO
Bob Gelman Offline

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Dear rgtaa,

Where can I find that Registration Files Download for the 9k you mention???

THANKS!

Bob Gelman

#159511 - 06/01/02 09:51 AM Re: REQUEST ADVICE ON PSR9000 AND PRO
Bob Gelman Offline

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Dear Bebop,

You should check out the resources available to you on the net for the PSR's. You have NO IDEA what we've done at the PSR Styles, PSR Songs, SVP World, Jorgen's site, etc. It is a reason in itself to consider a move to the PSR line. We've put many thousands of styles up for free download. We have scores of amazing computer programs custom designed for the PSR's that can do amazing things.

Start you examination of what I'm talking about here: http://home7.inet.tele.dk/js/musik/740pages/

Cheers,

Bob Gelman

#159512 - 06/03/02 07:58 AM Re: REQUEST ADVICE ON PSR9000 AND PRO
BEBOP Offline

Loc: San Jose, California
Thank you all for your excellent posts. Between my research and your posts and emails, I am beginning to feel like I can now make an informed, responsible decision. I have decided on the 9000 PRO that will be the best fit for full time work in my project recording studio only. The KN6000 Technics will continue to travel with me in the motorhome.
I have a firm price from inventory of 2733, no tax and freight/insurance prepaid.
Looks like a win/win situation to me.
I will be happy to have those 76 keys and hard drives, as well as all the other benefits and goodies
Best to all from
Bebop

#159513 - 06/03/02 08:47 AM Re: REQUEST ADVICE ON PSR9000 AND PRO
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
HI: BEBOP
Congrat's on your decision to get the 9000 PRO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't think you will ever regret buying the PRO.
It is a great keyboard.
As I said before I went from the Technic's KN5000
to the PRO, (I still have the 5000) but never play it,
just keep it for a spare.
You will have to join us at Yamaha-psr-styles group &
the Yamaha-psr-song's group, a great bunch of
guy's & gals. & ton's of new styles & midi songs.
All kinds of help when you need it.
Here are the links if you don't already have them.
And it's all free. http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yamaha-psr-styles/
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/yamaha-psr-songs/

Here is a link to SVP World also http://www.svpworld.com/index.html

Enjoying the 9000 PRO
Denny

#159514 - 06/03/02 08:24 PM Re: REQUEST ADVICE ON PSR9000 AND PRO
tom moon Offline

Loc: Haddonfield, NJ, USA
couldn't find those CVP209 styles several people have mentioned...any idea where they're posted?
many thanks in advance...

#159515 - 06/04/02 12:36 AM Re: REQUEST ADVICE ON PSR9000 AND PRO
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Tom, they are no longer on the web because Yamaha demanded that they be taken down.
I will email them to you.
DonM

#159516 - 06/04/02 06:05 AM Re: REQUEST ADVICE ON PSR9000 AND PRO
rgtaa Offline

Bob
I got the Registrations and Pads from the PRS Styles Forum when I did a SEARCH within the Forum!

rgtaa

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online