SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#159289 - 08/17/01 08:29 AM Does anyone else own the PSR-550?
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
Doe's anyone else have one? If so would someone check the style sequencer and see if they're having the same problem I am. I know some styles are 4 measures long, but when I use a 4 measure style to start with and then clear all its data to have 4 empty measures, the 550 will only record 2 measures and then repeat... Anyone else have this problem???
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#159290 - 08/17/01 08:59 AM Re: Does anyone else own the PSR-550?
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Squeak,
I'm at home this morning. I just called my tech support buddy at Yamaha, explained what you are experiencing, and he will call me back at my store at 10AM with a definitive answer.
Again, I sure wish you would have bought your 550 from me so that I would be doing this investigation for you as my customer.
So the rest of you may understand my position here, Squeak asked me for a price quote and I did my rather lengthy explanation as to why I hoped he would buy his PSR550 from a dealer such as myself, because you never know when you might need our assistance, and sure enough, just a few days after receiving his 550 from a mail order store, Squeak is asking for this kind of assistance. I hope for all reading this post that I don't come off sounding angry or upset, because I am not I assure you. You all know that I enjoy sharing my knowledge with all who request it if I can help. I know it's been an ongoing conversation around here the past few months, and as a Dealer, I've tried to post my point of view as to when the price is close, go for the dealer who can really help.

George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
(Retired 2021)

#159291 - 08/17/01 09:04 AM Re: Does anyone else own the PSR-550?
squeak_D Offline

Thanks so much for your help Goerge.... I agree with you in regards to support from local dealers.. I bought it from Music 123 because I was on a time line. In needed it yesterday if you know what I mean.. Music 123 charged and processed my order with my visa fast and I had the board really quick...
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#159292 - 08/17/01 09:26 AM Re: Does anyone else own the PSR-550?
arnothijssen Offline

Loc: Marietta, GA USA
See if Music123 is as fast with tech support as they are with shipping!

I have been buying through dealers all my life, and realy, the prices are so close that it is not worth the hassle of an online store. I can walk into or call my dealers store with a straight face and ask for support. You are lucky that George is so generous to give this support for "free".

Give the dealers a break, you will profit from it in the long run!

#159293 - 08/17/01 10:13 AM Re: Does anyone else own the PSR-550?
George Kaye Offline

Squeak,
I have a partial answer for you. I haven't heard back from Yamaha yet but when I came in this morning I experimented with the keyboard. You are correct that when you clear all sections, the default of 2 measures comes back even if you selected a style which uses 4 measures. However, what i found out in playing with the keyboard is that by only clearing one section (main A) all tracks, I still have use of all 4 measures. I don't know if this is the only way, but it is a way to be able to record 4 measures, all parts without going back to 2 measures.
When I hear back from Yamaha I will confirm if this is the only way to do this.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#159294 - 08/17/01 10:16 AM Re: Does anyone else own the PSR-550?
squeak_D Offline

Thanks Goerge! I'm going to give that a try and see what happens.

Squeak

#159295 - 08/17/01 10:28 AM Re: Does anyone else own the PSR-550?
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
I agree with arnothijssen
I have bought all of my equipment from a local dealer.
I bought my first KB the KN5000 & got took
payed $4200,00 for it & thought I got a good
deal as they were asking $5000.00.
I didn,t know anything about KB,s & that was
befor I had the computer, & I don't like
chaseing all over God's green earth to check
thing's out. So I got took, but not again
if I can help it,
I went back to the same dealer & asked about
the KN6500 he said $5000.00, I said I can get
one for $2900.00 including shipping, he said
he couldn't do that, but when I started out
the door he said he could match the price.
But I ended up buying the 9000 PRO instead
& I am glad I did.
My point is with both KB's I had ?'s & both
dealer's was very good at giving me the
answer's, sooooo dealer support is worth a
quite a bit. Work with your local dealer if
at all possible !!!!!!!
Enjoying the 9000 PRO
Denny

#159296 - 08/17/01 10:39 AM Re: Does anyone else own the PSR-550?
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
George K. I just do not know how you can so kindly give advice support to Sqeak after his purchase via mail and then blindly ask you for advice, but that's all the more strength to you and the way you have handled it.
We all need to keep GOOD dealers like yourself in business because when the likes of you are no longer around the mail order houses will be able to charge as high a price as they like. We have a few George Kaye's in the UK. Well Done George.

Graham UK

#159297 - 08/17/01 11:56 AM Re: Does anyone else own the PSR-550?
squeak_D Offline

Graham,
What difference does it make where I bought my keyboard. I thought the whole purpose of this forum was for us to exchange ideas and help answer questions that we each may have. This is an arranger forum. There should be no bias nor should someone be denied help because they didn't purchase a keyboard from a local dealer. This all defeats the purpose of this forum.

Squeak

#159298 - 08/17/01 01:57 PM Re: Does anyone else own the PSR-550?
George Kaye Offline

Squeak,
I heard back from Yamaha and they compared the 540 and the 550 and could not find any difference in the way the style recording works. Both models default to 2 measures when they erased all tracks and all sections. They agreed with me that you need to clear each section as you wish to record and then you will have your 4 measure loops.
Good Luck!
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
(Retired 2021)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online