SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#159282 - 08/22/02 12:12 PM Can't help falling in love
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
This song has a little story behind it. I was looking for a new tune to record and was rather undecided, when Don Mason, in the topic about Elvis, mentioned this one and I immediately thought "That's it!".
(Thank you, Don! )
Strange as it may seem, I had never played "Can't help" before; luckily I was able to find the music in one of my fakebooks.
I would like to dedicate this song to Bill and Jann Forrest, because the title of the song tells exactly what they feel for each other.
By the way, in June they went for a cruise to Alaska; with this song I wish them to go next year for a cruise to the caribbean islands...

http://andrearotolo.tripod.com/dreamer/id1.html

#159283 - 08/22/02 04:51 PM Re: Can't help falling in love
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Hello Andrea.

Congratulations amico.
Now,I'm waiting for "Gabriela"
Porta la musica de Jobim,prestissimo!
Chico

#159284 - 08/23/02 11:08 AM Re: Can't help falling in love
Dreamer Offline

Chico,
I am glad that at least you liked this song. I was a bit worried because it's different from all the others I have recorded, because there are a couple of ideas totally new (for me). I was even about to write something like "Don't press the stop button until the song is really over".
Chico, you did listen till the end, didn't you?
Thank you again for the music sheet of Gabriela, which I like a lot; before the end of September I hope to record at least a couple of brazilian songs (maybe more), but I don't want to disappoint you, so have to practice a lot before!
Saludos, amigo!
Andrea

#159285 - 08/23/02 05:12 PM Re: Can't help falling in love
Mario Offline

Loc: Wayside, New jersey, USA
Andrea:
I tried getting it "Unzipped" but is giving me some kind of error, maybe is my PC I'll keep on trying.
Mario

#159286 - 08/23/02 05:51 PM Re: Can't help falling in love
Arthur R. Jacobs Offline

Loc: Alma, Michigan, 48801 USA
Hi: My Dell Win Zip, would not un-zipp it either. Kinda wanted to hear your rendition, as this is one of my favorite songs. ARJ

#159287 - 08/23/02 06:12 PM Re: Can't help falling in love
ChicoBrasil Offline

Loc: Belo Horizonte,Minas Gerais,Br...
Andrea

May be you have some problem with hosting.
I cannot open some files!
Chico

#159288 - 08/23/02 10:08 PM Re: Can't help falling in love
Dreamer Offline

Hi,
right now I am uploading the song again, but I would like to know: did you all have problems unzipping it? I thought that at least Chico was able to listen to the song. Anyway, let me know how it goes...
As I said, this song has quite a few surprises; I don't want to anticipate anything, but I hope you'll like them...
Thanks,
Andrea

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online