SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#15917 - 11/27/03 05:18 PM Re: Generalmusic S3T
Anonymous
Unregistered

I own a Generalmusic S3. I wanted to get the turbo kit for it, but there wasn't anyone around that sells it or installs it around here. The S3 is, in my opinion, the most impressive sounding board on the market, even today. I use if for my two-man band. It truely sounds like you have a full band behind you. The sounds have so much power and fullness to them. My only complaint now is that it doesn't have the polyphony that you can get in the newer boards today. I would like to know what the Generalmusic big brother to the S3 truely is. I bought a Triton studio 88, but as far as sequenced music goes, I still prefer the sounds from the S3. I haven't figured out how to get the fullness out of the Triton Studio yet. The Triton sounds are very good, but they don't have that live performance - in your face power that the S3 has. For what I do, I wish that I would have picked up 2 of the rack mounted S2R's while I still had the chance. I don't have a Generalmusic dealer in the area. I would appreciate any information that you have regarding the S3 and any other Generalmusic products. As good as the S3 is, you would think that they would have expanded on it's engine and made a new monster board like the Triton Studio. As old as my S3 is now, it is truly irreplaceable. If it ever dies, I will be toast! It is good to know that I am not the only one in the US that has one! I am not alone!!!!!!

Supernighthawk

#15918 - 12/05/03 06:52 PM Re: Generalmusic S3T
Jokeyman Offline

The only info I've found is from an Italian webpage-see my earlier post with links to this, plus the GEMClub, of which I am not yet a member. I have also gotten some info from a Generalmusic rep in the US-I think based in Chicago. My guess is that the GEMClub probably has all the technical documentation one could use-I will probably sign on sometime soon if only to be able to keep my own instrument operational! And it does have a great combination of "bread & butter" sounds as well as many classic electronic instrument sounds. Even the acoustic piano seems not so bad in thicker arrangements, but is it's weak point I think. Later!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online