SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#159052 - 10/13/04 12:48 PM Re: Do You Keep Your Equipment In Your Car Over-night?
MrEd Offline

Steve, are you out there?

How about working a heater into the many fine functions already on the boards?

I think I just myself more than usual.

#159053 - 10/13/04 12:59 PM Re: Do You Keep Your Equipment In Your Car Over-night?
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
MrEd ... I had the later, transistorized model... tone generator, amp, speakers. all in one unit ... there were adjustable 'pots' for every note and after a while the vibration from the speakers would knock some notes out of tune and I would have to adjust them ... It was a great sounding instrument, but what a pain ...

As for the comparison to today's vehicles, I'm not sure what the difference is, but I know 'technics' advises that the kb be allowed to aclimate to the room and change in temp before turning on ...
t.

#159054 - 10/13/04 02:45 PM Re: Do You Keep Your Equipment In Your Car Over-night?
MrEd Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by tony mads usa:
MrEd ... I had the later, transistorized model... tone generator, amp, speakers. all in one unit ... there were adjustable 'pots' for every note and after a while the vibration from the speakers would knock some notes out of tune and I would have to adjust them

After the tube-driven, I too upgraded to a transistorized model. I saw the same model you had but I opted for the CG7 model with separate cabinets for amp/speakers and generator. I guess it saved me the downside you experienced.

Ed

#159055 - 10/13/04 04:14 PM Re: Do You Keep Your Equipment In Your Car Over-night?
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
I have also used blankets to cover gear left in the car overnight in cold weather. Whilst I agree that no heat is generated under the blanket(s) I have often found that, after a frosty night, the blankets will have absorbed the dampness which would otherwise have settled on the keyboards etc.
The equipment underneath has remained dry so I think that there is some benefit even if it aint really a sensible thing to do.

The trouble is that when you get home at 2 in the morning after a long drive and a heavy evening, lugging gear indoors is not allways the first thing on your mind.

Trevor

#159056 - 10/13/04 09:41 PM Re: Do You Keep Your Equipment In Your Car Over-night?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I've never had frost INSIDE my car. Do you shut the windows in the winter?

#159057 - 10/14/04 05:10 AM Re: Do You Keep Your Equipment In Your Car Over-night?
trevorjohn Offline

Loc: Cambridge United Kingdom
Arrrrrrrrgh UD you don't have the 'arsh climate
what we 'as over 'ere then. I suppose I should have said condensation rather than frost..
In any case windows are for cissies..Open 'em all up and let the wind blow through your flowing locks!!!!!
Trevor

#159058 - 10/14/04 07:36 AM Re: Do You Keep Your Equipment In Your Car Over-night?
The Pro Offline

Loc: Atlanta, Georgia
Point in fact - blankets can help keyboards retain their heat/temperature after a gig (they all get a little warm) and it can keep the temperature of what's covered from dropping as fast as the surrounding uncovered area, at least for a while. Plus they can help as protective padding... I see nothing wrong with using blankets.

Where I live there is no problem with temperature or security so I leave everything locked in the car.

#159059 - 10/14/04 08:06 AM Re: Do You Keep Your Equipment In Your Car Over-night?
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
On a typical day after work, I'm packed up and in the car in less than 20 minutes (usually more like 10-15).
I never notice any heat from the kb as I pack it away, and although I entertain the possibility that it CAN retain some heat, I haven't seen evidence of it personally.

Be that as it may ... I always leave everything in the car. Snow - ice - rain - heat whatever. I only remove items made of wood, like my guitars and clarinet. I DO take the laptop in in cold weather, but not in moderate conditions.

The only time I've seen trouble is in extreme heat situations when you leave an air-conditioned room after 5 hours and load the car in a parking lot that is 90+ degrees .... I've seem condensation form instantly. I try to let the temp stabalize before turning anything on, and it's always been OK. I am always early for work and time is usually on my side.

As for blankets? Can't hurt, but I'm still not convinced that they help. Good points made by all though.

#159060 - 10/14/04 08:51 AM Re: Do You Keep Your Equipment In Your Car Over-night?
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Blankets can reduce the "chil" factor..of course that is based on the wind..and some of you are sure "windy"..

#159061 - 10/14/04 02:24 PM Re: Do You Keep Your Equipment In Your Car Over-night?
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Just wondering... does your chewing gum loose it's flavor on the bedpost overnight?

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 10-14-2004).]

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online