SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#159003 - 12/24/05 10:02 PM Recording paramater changes on Tyros
chony Offline

Loc: New York
Question for those who record styles and songs with their Tyros:

For some reason, whenever I'm not trying to record changes in the parameters (such as volume, pan, reverb, etc), I manage to record them; but when I DO want to, the Tyros just won't seem to register the changes I record?

What do I have to do to record parameter changes?

Thanks, Chony.

#159004 - 12/26/05 10:35 PM Re: Recording paramater changes on Tyros
chony Offline

Bump

#159005 - 12/26/05 11:57 PM Re: Recording paramater changes on Tyros
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Have you tried to save them as a part of a registration?

#159006 - 12/27/05 03:01 PM Re: Recording paramater changes on Tyros
pianodano Offline

Loc: Chesapeake, Virginia
Quote:
Originally posted by chony:
Question for those who record styles and songs with their Tyros:

For some reason, whenever I'm not trying to record changes in the parameters (such as volume, pan, reverb, etc), I manage to record them; but when I DO want to, the Tyros just won't seem to register the changes I record?

What do I have to do to record parameter changes?

Thanks, Chony.

Are you trying to record these changes to a song ? See this thread http://www.svpworld.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=2973&KW=pianodano

Danny

[This message has been edited by pianodano (edited 12-27-2005).]

#159007 - 12/27/05 03:22 PM Re: Recording paramater changes on Tyros
chony Offline

Thanks but that's not what I need.

What I'm trying to do is record parameter changes. IE: change the volume on the trumpets so that they get softer and then louder. Or to change the brightness levels on a techno sound, so that it sounds like - uh - techno. I need to record the changes so that they actually change when I use them.

I just made a techno style, and I was lucky enough to get it to work! I don't know what I did different. But I can't get it to work on my trumpets...

Chony

#159008 - 12/28/05 03:49 AM Re: Recording paramater changes on Tyros
Michael P. Bedesem Offline

Loc: Shrewsbury, VT
The voice characteristics (volume, reverb) are recorded automatically in Quick Record. In MultRecord you have to change to a different voice while the recorder is running.

If you are trying to change the settings after recording, you must move the location where you want the commands in the midi, open Song Creator/Channel page, then scroll to item 5 ,Setup, and check the boxes that you want to store and then execute.

Please note that the Song Creator will not record anything for a track that does not have any midi note data.

To make setting up things easier, I made a 'template midi', called MutltiTrackMidi, available at www.svpworld.com/beta that can be loaded into the PSR, edited at one time to select voices, and then moved to your sequencer to set up a a multitrack recording session.

To use this template:

1) Load MultiTrackMidi_Tyros.mid into the PSR/Tyros

2) Open Mixing Console song pages and make all your voice changes

3) Open Digital Recording/ Song Creator, tab to the Channel tab, scroll down to Setup and make sure only the top 7 items are checked. Depress Execute and then Save. Use a new name as to not overwrite the template midi.

4) Load your file into Cakewalk or your sequencer and record. Note that there is one note in each track (C5) that you will want to remove before putting your own data there. Leave this one note for any 'empty' channel where you might want to go back and change the PSR voice. It is needed to fool the PSR into allowing the Mixing Console/ Song Creator to edit the voice.

Regards,

Michael

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online