SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#158924 - 06/06/02 09:45 AM Re: Off to Italy!
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Quote:
Originally posted by sk880user:
Isn't true that Itallians get sick for a whole week whenever they lose?

Actually, when we Italians lose a soccer match, we are sick for months; I will leave Saturday morning to San Francisco, and my flight is due just half an hour before Italy plays vs. Croatia, and not being able to watch the game I will be sick for the whole length of the flight (about 14 hours).....just to give you the idea.

#158925 - 06/06/02 09:45 AM Re: Off to Italy!
dlstarry Offline

Loc: MN. U.S.A.
George have a great trip, be safe & have fun.
Looking forward to your report when you get
back.
Denny

#158926 - 06/06/02 10:18 AM Re: Off to Italy!
jedi Offline

Loc: Merrimack, N.H.
Hi George,
Have a safe trip and bring us back some realy neat Info from GEM , Thanks
jedi

#158927 - 06/06/02 06:39 PM Re: Off to Italy!
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Dreamer,

in 1998, it seemed to me that Itallians felt sour that France "stole" the cup from them. France never defeated Italy, only in Penalties. Also some of the French players were part of Itallian teams in the first place and this is the place where they learn the Itallian strategy and the classical Itallian defense.

The same deal in 1994. Italy lost only in penalties. I always thought that the play maker and strikers were very important. I know the fans liked Del Piero and Roberto Baggio. But I never liked them. I thought that del pierro is physically weak and was always canceled by other teams defense. Roberto Baggio played was very conceited and was way overrated. Unfortunately for Italy, Zola received the red card in 1994.

#158928 - 06/07/02 12:09 AM Re: Off to Italy!
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
SK880 user,
Of course we felt sore; in fact we are still sore! But this year things will hopefully change...
By the way, you seem to know a lot about italian habits and if I am not wrong you have some relatives in the Northern part of Italy (Veneto maybe?)
Too bad you don't live in California...

#158929 - 06/07/02 07:04 AM Re: Off to Italy!
sk880user Offline

Loc: United States
Dreamer,
I am routing for Italy and the USA of course. I liked how England played. But yet, I have not seen a team that Italy cannot beat so far. So hopefully this year!

On other news.

Senegal versus Denmark. The intentional foul by the Senegal player should have been flagged as red card and not just a yellow card. Senegal played very physical game and very extreme. I think the official was very weak otherwise, where are the rest of the yellow and red cards against the Senegal?

Argentina Versus England. Both teams were good; however, I thought England played slightly better. The Argentina coach should have replaced the Argentina striker earlier than this. He reminds me of Roberto Baggio: DO NOTHING, WAIT for the PERFECT pass and then if it score, claim glory to yourself. Let me say it: sorry Argentina fans, he ain't Maradona!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online