SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15870 - 08/30/06 10:12 AM CDs Arrive
donpatt Offline

Loc: Lufkin, TX.
Hi Giovanni,

The CDs arrived today, many thanks. This will help in case I delete something else off my hard drive.

I OWE YOU BIG TIME!!

Regards,
Don

#15871 - 08/30/06 11:16 AM Re: CDs Arrive
Giovanni Offline

Loc: Norwich Norfolk England
Hi Don , I'm so pleased the set up cd's for the Gem XP arrived . i thought it would take a week .
You don't owe me anything !!
We "forumers" all help each other when we are able .
Thank you for your help and tips they are also appreciated !!
Have you had any further success with your BIAB style disks ?

If you should come across any "Glen miller styles " let me know !!

My XP seems to be behaving it's self at the moment (fingers crossed )

I would like to know how I can stop losing the user styles if the unit is not played for a few days !!
I think you have the same problem !

I switch on the unit nearly every day and I notice that just after 1 day the back up battery show it is only half full of charge or should I say half empty !!

I can't get my head around it ,
I have not used my Technics smac 1200 module for about a month went out on a retirement home gig on monday afternoon , switched on my Elka 83 and then the Technics everything works perfect ??
Thank God !!!
I met a gentleman who is a resident of the retirement home who had a Dance Band during the 2nd world war (he is now 94yrs old ) claims to have played at a USAF war time bomber base at tibenham in Norfolk , his small band supported the Glen miller band on the gig !!
He had a drink with the "Legend". and shook his hand !!

We had a long chat about music , bands and the "good old days " etc

Regards ............Giovanni

#15872 - 08/30/06 09:19 PM Re: CDs Arrive
Mainer Offline

Loc: Saco, Me
Giovanni

Do not leave the XP in the check battery stage. When I left mine in the check battery mode the battery never moved past 1/2 charge. From the main menu it charged with no problems. The styles should be loaded in the manner I emailed you about earlier. I'm not sure if it will solve your problem but I've not had a hicup since loading the styles like I wrote you about.

Good Luck

Jerry

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online