SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#158621 - 02/14/06 06:35 AM Happy Valentine's YA'LL!
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I LOVE you guys (and gals).
I'm off to do a noon AL show, then set up for tonight. Maybe by midnight I'll get to see my REAL Valentine.
DonM

#158622 - 02/14/06 07:00 AM Re: Happy Valentine's YA'LL!
Dnj Offline

Kiss Kiss Don. ............
I'm off to do a TRIPLE Valentine [2]Today & [1]Tonight........let the love songs flow like Champagne

#158623 - 02/14/06 07:11 AM Re: Happy Valentine's YA'LL!
DonM Offline

Donny, I'll bet you'd rather be doing my job. It's going to be 69 degrees F here today!
DonM

#158624 - 02/14/06 07:22 AM Re: Happy Valentine's YA'LL!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
start the music ... "All you need is LOVE... ya ta da ta da ..."
t.

#158625 - 02/14/06 07:26 AM Re: Happy Valentine's YA'LL!
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Ok DNJ & DonM: Eat your "hearts" out! I got you BOTH beat. 74 degrees and 4 Valentines gigs.

Happy Valentines Day to Everyone.

Scott

PS: Rest assured I won't be singing "Lyin' Eyes" tonight.

[This message has been edited by Scottyee (edited 02-14-2006).]

#158626 - 02/14/06 07:27 AM Re: Happy Valentine's YA'LL!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Gotta' do double Valentine's parties today, but thought it would be good to wish everyone here a great V-Day before heading out.

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#158627 - 02/14/06 07:37 AM Re: Happy Valentine's YA'LL!
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Ok DNJ & DonM: Eat your "hearts" out! I got you BOTH beat. 74 degrees and 4 Valentines gigs.

Happy Valentines Day to Everyone.

Scott

Scott... theres alot of "love in the air" for sure ......gotta love these holidays oh yeah!! Btw....here we have 18" of Snow, 34 degrees but I wont let my fans down with my 4X4....I would of had [4] gigs too, but the 3rd one tonight is a big Ballroom dinner dance 3 hrs.

Good Luck out there boyz!!!

#158628 - 02/14/06 08:34 AM Re: Happy Valentine's YA'LL!
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Happy V-Day right back at you folks!

Tom

Tom

#158629 - 02/14/06 02:05 PM Re: Happy Valentine's YA'LL!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
Likewise Happy V day to everyone.

I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in about my one and only Valentine gig this afternoon. I took a personal day from my full time job to do this one.

This was a Valentine's luncheon at an assisted living center. Probably about 125 in attendance. Some of you may recall that about 8 months or so ago I asked for some advice on how I could get more gigs. I'm primarily a background pianist/keyboard no singing yet. Many of you commmented you gotta do some singing to really get the ball rolling. Someone else commented if you don't sing tell a story about the music your playing. That's pretty much what I've been doing, stories that is. And it's working. I also started taking some voice lessons.

Today as I was getting ready to close the activity director said they wanted to do this singing Valentine greeting that the staff would sing to the residents. I picked out a midi file/karoke version of New York, New York. Next thing you know the activity director said we really need your help singing, since everyone is mumbling and stumbling. Short story is I made my singing debut with the midi file as my background. Everyone loved it, I did the lead and about 10 others followed my lead. I'm not ready for prime time and I don't have the testicular fortitude to post my singing here I will tell you that much.

But more than anything and as still a relative newcomer to gigging the thing that made my day was the activity director said be sure to save next Valentine's day of '07 to come back to play, as well as giving more dates this year. That is a first (getting booked a year in advance). I also just singed a contract with a local univeristy to play at some year end award banquets. Thanks for all the good advice I've been getting here!! As strongly recommended, been doing my share of practicing and then some more as well.

[This message has been edited by Stephenm52 (edited 02-14-2006).]

#158630 - 02/14/06 02:36 PM Re: Happy Valentine's YA'LL!
DonM Offline

Way to go Stephen M! I just came home to change clothes for the 6:30-10:30 job and had to check in.
DonM

#158631 - 02/14/06 02:39 PM Re: Happy Valentine's YA'LL!
MrEd Offline

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Stephenm52:
[B]Likewise Happy V day to everyone.

I'm gonna throw my 2 cents in about my one and only Valentine gig this afternoon. I took a personal day from my full time job to do this one.

This was a Valentine's luncheon at an assisted living center. Probably about 125 in attendance. Some of you may recall that about 8 months or so ago I asked for some advice on how I could get more gigs. I'm primarily a background pianist/keyboard no singing yet. Many of you commmented you gotta do some singing to really get the ball rolling. Someone else commented if you don't sing tell a story about the music your playing. That's pretty much what I've been doing, stories that is. And it's working. I also started taking some voice lessons.

Today as I was getting ready to close the activity director said they wanted to do this singing Valentine greeting that the staff would sing to the residents. I picked out a midi file/karoke version of New York, New York. Next thing you know the activity director said we really need your help singing, since everyone is mumbling and stumbling. Short story is I made my singing debut with the midi file as my background. Everyone loved it, I did the lead and about 10 others followed my lead. I'm not ready for prime time and I don't have the testicular fortitude to post my singing here I will tell you that much.

But more than anything and as still a relative newcomer to gigging the thing that made my day was the activity director said be sure to save next Valentine's day of '07 to come back to play, as well as giving more dates this year. That is a first (getting booked a year in advance). I also just singed a contract with a local univeristy to play at some year end award banquets. Thanks for all the good advice I've been getting here!! As strongly recommended, been doing my share of practicing and then some more as well.

you just SINGED a contract
Once you get started (singing) you can't stop... Just kidding.

Thanks for sharing that story with a great happy ending. Way to go!

[This message has been edited by MrEd (edited 02-14-2006).]

#158632 - 02/14/06 03:50 PM Re: Happy Valentine's YA'LL!
tony mads usa Offline

Loc: East Greenwich RI USA
Steve - oooooooo ... GREAT JOB !!! ... just stay away from my territory !!! ...
I think I had told you that once you get the crowd singing YOU don't have to be a great vocalist ... Nice going ...
t.

#158633 - 02/14/06 04:20 PM Re: Happy Valentine's YA'LL!
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Stephen,

Way to go. There is only one rule about singing, NEVER follow Don Mason. After they have heard Don everyone else sounds bad.

Tom

Tom

#158634 - 02/14/06 04:48 PM Re: Happy Valentine's YA'LL!
kbrkr Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL
Here's the love back at ya....

Happy Valentines Day.

Pa4x - LD Systems Maui 28 - Mackie Thumps

#158635 - 02/14/06 07:20 PM Re: Happy Valentine's YA'LL!
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
I told you that you could do it!

Keep em' happy,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#158636 - 02/15/06 01:53 AM Re: Happy Valentine's YA'LL!
Stephenm52 Offline

Loc: USA
DonM, Tony, Mr Ed, TomC, Gary thanks, appreciate your replies.

Tony no worries about your territory, as a Rhode Islander you know I don't like to drive further than 20 minutes away from home

#158637 - 02/15/06 04:42 AM Re: Happy Valentine's YA'LL!
Songman55 Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD USA
Sorry I'm late but I had a triple yesterday and another triple today. Happy Valentine's day ya'll. Looks like love is in the air.

Ciao,

Joe

------------------
Songman55
Joe Ayala

#158638 - 02/15/06 05:33 AM Re: Happy Valentine's YA'LL!
Riceroni9 Offline

Loc: TX, USA
Way to go Stephen:

We're all proud of you. Keep plugging 'cause it's just like landing a 747... the more you do it, the easier it gets. Please keep us posted about your progress from time to time.

All my best to you and the rest of the Zoners and... by the way, Happy St. Valentines Day. (A day late... sorry!)

Dave Rice

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online