SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >
Topic Options
#158545 - 11/08/01 04:47 PM Re: new psr2000 owner
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Marko,
I'm not at the keyboard right now, but I remember a setting that can be made that determines whether the One-touch setting takes place immediately or at the start of the next measure. This could by the problem with the sound cutting off. Or there could be a similar setting for the sound itself.
I'll try to check it out when I get time, but VERY busy right now. But that's a good thing!
DonM

#158546 - 11/09/01 10:32 AM Re: new psr2000 owner
Krix Offline

Loc: Linkoping, SWEDEN
Quote:
Originally posted by Godwald:
Marcodra...
You has the new PSR2000 and you likes it except piano sounds... You writes: "What I only really miss are Roland's piano sounds..."

It is always the same problem: piano sound.
Some PA80 owners say in similar sense: a piano sound too bright...

But, why? What is the problem? What is the problem that makes so difficult to do a good piano sound on kbs?

Perhaps Korg or Yamaha makers do not know to make better piano sounds (ex. Roland)... or perhaps it is a "money" question, or what??.

Which is the best piano-module I can connect to "my" PSR2000? Cost: less than 400 box.

#158547 - 11/09/01 12:16 PM Re: new psr2000 owner
George Kaye Offline

Loc: Reseda, California USA
Don is right. If you hit the function button and hit the Button "C" next to the Style Setting/split point/chord fingering words, you will then see at the bottom of the screen aove the button 2 "OTS Link Timing" You can select "Real Time" or "Next Bar". Now you have the choice of the OTS changing immediately or at the beginning of the next bar.
George Kaye
Kaye's Music Scene
Reseda, California
(Retired 2021)

#158548 - 11/09/01 01:04 PM Re: new psr2000 owner
markod Offline

Loc: ljubljana,Slovenia
DonM and George. Thanks for the tip. It works as expected, but the problem stays the same. After the voice change I get a short stop in sounding, working with the OTS or without. It is true that this is not the case with every voice.

Please try this on your keyboards: Select Ballad: 8BeatModern style and switch the OTS link on. Play the right hand sound and keep the voice sounding while pressing another variation. Do you hear the interrupt? If not It is something wrong with my keyboard.

Thank you very much for your response.
Marko

#158549 - 11/09/01 10:17 PM Re: new psr2000 owner
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Marko
I'm surprised you miss the aftertouch on your EM2000. I own one myself and have NEVER been able to get the aftertouch to work right. In fact, I don't even know if it is working at all. I never seem to hear it. Maybe I have not turned it on, or programmed it, or something. But this just goes along with what you felt about the EM2000 being a big pain to learn to use!
Tom

#158550 - 11/10/01 01:11 AM Re: new psr2000 owner
Graham UK Offline

Loc: Lincolnshire UK
TomTomSF. Funny but I find the EM2000 easy to use, possibly because I came from a Korg i3 & i30.

The Aftertouch and Dynamic Arranger on the EM are easy to setup.
If you wish to email me privately I would be happy to give you any help with questions about the EM2000.

Graham UK

#158551 - 11/10/01 02:14 AM Re: new psr2000 owner
markod Offline

Loc: ljubljana,Slovenia
Hi, TomTomSF
If I remember we purchased our EM2000's at the same time about three years ago. You were the one that introduced me to a mighty Roland arrangers group. It is relatively easy to setup the aftertouch but It is not preprogrammed - you must do it by yourself. So It is maybe not so userfriendly but It certainly gives you more control. I don't remember exactly where you find this in the unlogical structure of the menues because I don't have it anymore, but I think It is under the parameter menu.

BTW: Your room with four keyboards is very nice. Which one do you lately play the most?

Regards,
Marko

#158552 - 11/10/01 10:49 PM Re: new psr2000 owner
TomTomSF Offline

Marko,
Right now, I'm playing the pa80 a lot. Because it's my newest, I'm still learning and exploring on it. But yesterday, I sat at my KN5000 for a couple of hours and had fun. That's what I like about having a bunch of different keyboards. I can get in a "mood" and play one for a week, then the next week it's something else. The drawback, I guess, is that I never really become an expert at any of them. But, then again, I'm no expert player!

Graham,
Can you easily explain how to turn on Aftertouch and set it up on a particular voice to get a great result? I'd appreciate it.

#158553 - 11/10/01 10:52 PM Re: new psr2000 owner
TomTomSF Offline

Marko
By the way, where did you see my room with my keyboards? On the Yamaha group?
Tom

#158554 - 11/11/01 09:27 PM Re: new psr2000 owner
MarkoDra Offline

TomTomSF, There is a picture of your room with the keyboards in the Yahoo discussion group Yamaha-psr-styles under the File directory. Very nice.

Marko

Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online