SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#158514 - 06/24/06 03:01 PM Re: My Tyros 2 Thoughts after 2 months............
trtjazz Offline

The only thing I will say is that one can take advantage of the SA voices and play them as easily as any other voice by adjusting the velocity for that voice. One can set it precisely to the velocity point for their playing style to be effective without getting the unwanted effects and saving that in their registrations or as a custom voice..

Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://www.artisans-world.com/

#158515 - 06/24/06 04:03 PM Re: My Tyros 2 Thoughts after 2 months............
Dnj Offline

Terry I agree with you.....

In adddition the Tyros 2 needs as much attention to playing skills as it is to tweaking skills to get the sound YOU desire out of its many facets......out of the box playing with this baby is not gonna cut it....although with MUCH time, patience, practice, asking questions & the love for playing music will make you successful...

#158516 - 06/24/06 04:53 PM Re: My Tyros 2 Thoughts after 2 months............
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Terry I agree with you.....

In adddition the Tyros 2 needs as much attention to playing skills as it is to tweaking skills to get the sound YOU desire out of its many facets......

I tend to think that quite often, owners of these various keyboards spend more time tweaking them than playing them. I believe that on whole I can play just about any keyboard and make it sing. I guess I'm missing out by not spending all the time I should by resetting all the factory parameters.
I guess I just don't get it. With the exception of Mike telling me about my recordings clipping (Thanks Mike) I don't really see all the fuss about how terrible a keyboard can be and then by tweaking it a little it turns magically into something new. I know that no matter how stellar and technologicaly advanced these things become it still comes down to your ability to play the damn thing with skill and precision.

ALL MY LOVE...

Dennis

[This message has been edited by TwoNuts (edited 06-24-2006).]

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#158517 - 06/24/06 04:59 PM Re: My Tyros 2 Thoughts after 2 months............
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Quote:
Mike you are so right, judging by the non existent T2 owner posts who will not respond due to what Mike is talking about in his post

COME ON...

I own a T2 and I'll respond to anything

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#158518 - 06/24/06 05:17 PM Re: My Tyros 2 Thoughts after 2 months............
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Quote:
Originally posted by TwoNuts:

I tend to think that quite often, owners of these various keyboards spend more time tweaking them than playing them. I believe that on whole I can play just about any keyboard and make it sing. I guess I'm missing out by not spending all the time I should by resetting all the factory parameters.
I guess I just don't get it. With the exception of Mike telling me about my recordings clipping (Thanks Mike) I don't really see all the fuss about how terrible a keyboard can be and then by tweaking it a little it turns magically into something new. I know that no matter how stellar and technologicaly advanced these things become it still comes down to your ability to play the damn thing with skill and precision.

ALL MY LOVE...

Dennis

[This message has been edited by TwoNuts (edited 06-24-2006).]

Amen!

#158519 - 06/24/06 07:55 PM Re: My Tyros 2 Thoughts after 2 months............
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
it still comes down to your ability to play the damn thing with skill and precision.

Ditto & Amen to what Dennis (TwoNuts & Taike) said.

Scott

#158520 - 06/25/06 03:36 AM Re: My Tyros 2 Thoughts after 2 months............
trtjazz Offline

Quote:
COME ON...

I own a T2 and I'll respond to anything

Me too. I'll respond to anything. I added nothing to this, because what's to add? Donny started this by stating his honest OPINION ( not necessarily fact but for him) what's to add to that. If this is how he feels about the board, I'm ok with that.

By responding and taking issue with anything he or anyone has said only invites argumentation. I responded about the SA voices, because I felt his statement was not fully correct.

About the insistance that the T2 needs massive tweaking ....... I totally disagree, use mine every day for every recording I do and everything is still pretty much at factory settings. The comments I am getting from another forum of 99% synth/workstation players are "that sounds great, I need to look at one of those."

This tweaking thing which I'm not much of a tweaker, I'm a player, always brings to my mind a cronie I have that I met when I was starting my first cd, he was too. He kept looking for the "perfect" guitar sound for a track...... I'm into cd#101, his first isn't completed yet. Perfection in music does not exist, it's merely a lofty goal to push towards. IMO

Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry
http://www.artisans-world.com/

#158521 - 06/25/06 05:02 AM Re: My Tyros 2 Thoughts after 2 months............
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Scottyee:
Ditto & Amen to what Dennis (TwoNuts & Taike) said.

Scott

Scott.....so then I guess your not the T2 tweak king?
You know as well as I do .....Playing/Singing good and sounding great in the ears of the audience is crucial to success......if you just play at home its not such a factor...But when people pay good money to be entertained you had better put out 200% or your audience will be Yourself!.....people that are lazy about our profession in all aspects make me sad BUT, they put a smile upon my face & $$$$$ in my pocket because I know after a while they wont be playing out much with an inferior product..... Remember this analogy:
Go to a good Restaurant.....The Food Is GREAT every time you go,.........You go home, tell your friends about the place & suggest they go there too!.....on the other hand If the Food is BAD, You NEVER go back, & Never tell your friends to eat there..

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 06-25-2006).]

#158522 - 06/25/06 08:32 AM Re: My Tyros 2 Thoughts after 2 months............
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Scott.....so then I guess your not the T2 tweak king?

I don't know if you'd consider me the tweak king, but I certainly find it worth spending time tweaking Tyros2's sound to get them to sound better than ever. My reply was specifically meant to concur with Dennis' following quote:

Quote:
it still comes down to your ability to play the damn thing with skill and precision.

Tweaking , though certainly a critically important element, is still only part of the mix. Devoting time to arr keyboard practicing, including mastering SA voice keyboard emulation skills, is equally important. There are no SHORTUCTS to keyboard musicianship, and because music's a lifelong journey, I hope to continue learning new keyboard playing techniques for years to come. It's important to realize it can take far longer than 2 months to get settled in with a new keyboard. Before even considering trading one's current keyboard in for another, I'd give it at least 6 months (minimum) before even considering that option. A keyboard is like a marriage. It takes commitment to make it work. - Scott

#158523 - 06/25/06 09:06 AM Re: My Tyros 2 Thoughts after 2 months............
Craig_UK Offline

Loc: UK
A keyboard is like a marriage. It takes commitment to make it work. - Scott

It sure does Scott. I don't intend playing
D.I.V.O.R.C.E just yet, unless someone request it

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online