SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
#158504 - 06/17/06 10:24 AM Re: My Tyros 2 Thoughts after 2 months............
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Exactly!
DonM

#158505 - 06/17/06 11:16 AM Re: My Tyros 2 Thoughts after 2 months............
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
I think Donny should ride it out with the Tyros2...Do his homework..set up what he likes, and stay away from what he doesn't like......If he is blown away with a new Roland or Ketron..then make a change,

If the new boards do not blow him away...JUST KEEP THE TYROS2!!!!

It will make Gary, DonM, Scott, Willie, Walter, Craig, Dreamer, Manuel and a slew of other people HAPPY.....

Your audience could care less...

#158506 - 06/17/06 11:20 AM Re: My Tyros 2 Thoughts after 2 months............
Dnj Offline

I've shut off all LEFTHAND INITIAL TOUCH this makes me happy

I've changed & saved CMP settings to
"FULL BIT" & the T2 has now come alive & has more output power especially with some nice EQ master settings.

I've shut off all Vibrato on the Voc Harmony settings w/LOW...using Men's Choir. & also reduced BAL to -10

These are just a few things that have made me keep the T2. I want to thank so many people for all the T2 advice....you all know who you are out there...There is definitely much more to do, but it looks promising for sure.......more to come!!

#158507 - 06/17/06 11:43 AM Re: My Tyros 2 Thoughts after 2 months............
Dnj Offline

BTW Scott when will you debut your newest T2 Mystery song for us all?

#158508 - 06/17/06 01:33 PM Re: My Tyros 2 Thoughts after 2 months............
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Scott Langholff:
Quote GaryD: " I didn't buy the Tyros or Tyros2 because they did not have onboard speakers"

From what I have heard everyone say about the Bose PAS, is that you, the performer can hear everything exactly as what everyone else in the room does. If that is the case, why would you not get a Tyros 1 or 2? Why do you still think you need montior speakers on the kb?

Scott

[This message has been edited by Scott Langholff (edited 06-17-2006).]

Scott,

I still use the Z-5500 system for some of the smaller jobs, such as the wedding I'm doing tomorrow afternoon at someone's home. While the Z-5500 satellites would likely be enough, my hearing is shot to hell from gunfire going off next to my head when I was a kid in the U.S. Navy. Consequently, I need every edge I can get in order to hear myself playing, especially when not using the Bose PAS. When using the PAS, the onboard speakers are just icing on the cake.

BTW: The wind in the Chesapeake's upper reaches was a steady 15 knots, and sailing was great.

Cheers,

Gary

------------------
Travlin' Easy

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#158509 - 06/17/06 06:59 PM Re: My Tyros 2 Thoughts after 2 months............
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
I think Donny should ride it out with the Tyros2...Do his homework..set up what he likes, and stay away from what he doesn't like......If he is blown away with a new Roland or Ketron..then make a change,

If the new boards do not blow him away...JUST KEEP THE TYROS2!!!!

It will make Gary, DonM, Scott, Willie, Walter, Craig, Dreamer, Manuel and a slew of other people HAPPY.....

Your audience could care less...

Hey, leave me out of that list. I REALLY don't care what everybody else uses. I try to find what works best for me!
DonM

#158510 - 06/17/06 08:09 PM Re: My Tyros 2 Thoughts after 2 months............
Dnj Offline

UPDATE as of tonight's GIG 6/17:

After making all these changes I mentioned above the T2 is really kicking butt on stage......Now..........
I'm starting to Fall in LOVE

#158511 - 06/19/06 09:51 AM Re: My Tyros 2 Thoughts after 2 months............
tyrosman Offline

Loc: scotland
IM A pro & tyros 2 works for me it far better than tyros 1 it is very good once you do all your settings and i have had mine since november and the audience is thrilled

#158512 - 06/24/06 09:33 AM Re: My Tyros 2 Thoughts after 2 months............
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Originally posted by Scott Yee:

"Mike. you're WRONG! Though Tyros2's VH hardware may be similar to the Tyros1's, I know for a FACT that the VH's OS (software) was re-designed to improve vocal tracking, as evidenced by T2's newly added VH "Vocal Tracking" feature which allows you to specifcally set it to: Normal, Low, or High. Tyros1 does NOT include this. I can clearly appreciate & hear the vocal harmony sound improvements that this new feature provides."

As far as I'm aware the Tyros2 VH board is the 'exact' same one as the one on the Tyros. The software on the other hand is something entirely different than the hardware end of things.

Okay, so it has some new tracking 'software' and also Low, Medium, and High adjustments, etc. But the 'core' of the VH is the same.

Btw, I listened to a couple of your T2 songs with VH in them and they sounded good. Anything that Yamaha does to try and improve upon the VH is to be commended. What I would like to see is for them to tackle the hardware end of things and improve that.

FWIW, Yamaha could very easily (at least I think anyway ) put the T2 VH tracking software on the Tyros by way of an OS update if they wanted to. But I may be asking too much for me and thousands of other Tyros owners around the world I suppose.

Best regards,
Mike

#158513 - 06/24/06 02:12 PM Re: My Tyros 2 Thoughts after 2 months............
Dnj Offline

After making some critical tweaking adjustments to the Tyros 2 VH, I'm having no problems using it at all.
These adjustments include, Bal-20/Vibrato 0
/Mic gain pod in rear 9 oclock/Voc range set to LOW/Master Mic Vol knob 12 oclock/Mic Vol 127/ Mens Choir.
This combined with my own personal Mic Mixer settings does the job.

Page 3 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online