SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#158428 - 12/21/04 08:03 PM Re: A new Tyros Owner: what is next?
Tapas Offline

Loc: Phoenix, Arizona, USA
Tigerfool,

A hard drive will be very useful. If you have problems locating the .mfd file, just send me an email and I will forward the 184KB .mfd file to you. You would need this modified file to see the correct Song names in your Music Finder Database rather than the jumbled ones.

Have fun with your new Tyros!!!

Tapas

#158429 - 12/22/04 04:56 PM Re: A new Tyros Owner: what is next?
Tapas Offline

Hi Tigerfool,

Download this zip file. You will have instant access to 3000 new Styles in the Yamaha Style format (.sty). You can play them to hear what they sound like by renaming the .sty extension to .mid

http://s88002311.onlinehome.us/pogingtwee.zip

This contains the entire collection from the PSR350/5450/620/730/740/8000/9000 and some Ketron and Korg Pa80 styles. There is also a MIDI folder that holds the factory demos of the CVP209, DXG500, PSR340/350/550/730/740.

The 50 MIDI piano solos in the CVP209FactoryDisk folder are spectacular.

Enjoy!

Tapas

P.S. I am going to check out the Yamaha CVP-307 on Christmas Eve. I can hardly wait.

#158430 - 12/22/04 06:31 PM Re: A new Tyros Owner: what is next?
tigerfool Offline

Loc: kingston, RI USA
Thank you, Tapas, I just got my hard drive today. I cannot seem to see the hard drive through my computer. I am playing with it. Once I am done, I will be eager to try them out.

---------
Edit: I finally got the hard drive worked by the trick: push the MFD button while powering up the Tyros.
-----------

Tapas, you've got mail.

[This message has been edited by tigerfool (edited 12-22-2004).]

#158431 - 12/22/04 09:12 PM Re: A new Tyros Owner: what is next?
Tapas Offline

Tiger,

Got your email and I have sent you the .mfd file with the correct song names.

Scott is the expert on the Tyros. He knows this instrument inside out. Perhaps Scott could give you a hand on how to replace the factory .mfd file with this one. You will get to see the actual song names in your Music Finder Database rather than the cryptic ones.

Tapas

#158432 - 12/22/04 09:30 PM Re: A new Tyros Owner: what is next?
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Tapas:
Perhaps Scott could give you a hand on how to replace the factory .mfd file with this one.

1) Copy .mfd file to floppy diskette
2) Insert diskette into Tyros
3) Select: Menu>Function>Utility
4) Select: System Reset Tab
5) Select Music Finder "I" button
6) Select "FD" Tab
7) Select .mfd file on FD
8) You will then get a message that asks if you want to 'append' or 'replace' the existing .mfd file with the one on the FD. Select the 'replace' option.
9) Hit the EXIT button repeatedly until you get back to the MAIN DISPLAY screen window
10) Your new .mfd file should now appear when you select Music Finder (blue button)

PS: Don't worry about ever losing the original .MFD file that came with your Tyros. It is permanently stored on your Tyros and can be easily RESTORED anytime. I myself NEVER use the one included in the Tyros, or even the re-named one (with the correct names). I recommend that you START with the renamed .mfd file that Tapas sent you, and then begin adding & editing the database to reflect just the songs that you actually play. Read my other threads on this topic for more MFD details:
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/009118.html
http://www.synthzone.com/ubbs/Forum37/HTML/009131.html

Scott

------------------
http://scottyee.com

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online