SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#158317 - 08/23/07 01:41 PM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy

#158318 - 08/23/07 07:07 PM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
Fav Singer/Muso I have met:

Chris Isaak.

Funny (F U N N Y ) guy in concert.
GREAT (G R E A T) voice (Live and on record).

Dead Singers/Musos I would've liked to have met:

Elvis.
Dean Martin.

I fully realise that the above 2 names are IMMENSELY obvious, but as time goes on, I really think these two are just...I have no words really.

Live Singer/Songwriter I would like to meet still:

Elvis Costello.

As a disclaimer on my choices I would like to add the following comments:

There are really too many names to mention, and many of them have been mentioned ALREADY above, so I'm not going to re-iterate, but merely add to the list of the UN-mentioned.

Also, I have a wider taste in Singers AND Muscians then you all might assume judging by the above names (including the Jazz Greats) but like I said, those names above haven't been mentioned yet, so.....

One final thing *sigh* - sorry.

Why the hell IS Chris Isaak so underrated and unappreciated????

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#158319 - 08/23/07 08:00 PM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Hi Hellboy: Rest assured, Stockton, CA born, Chris Isaak remains one of fav musicians too. I used to catch his act back in college at the local SF clubs before he hit national fame. He still lives here in San Francisco, out in the Sunset District, so still spot him around the area. - Scott

#158320 - 08/23/07 09:04 PM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
hellboy44 Offline

Loc: Australia
So it's you and me Scott!

lol

Now if we can just find someone else who likes him....

Actually my wife and I are planning to go to the U.S. (we're from Australia)and, if we can, we'd LOVE to go to San Fran.

We'll meet you there and track him down!

BUT...

www.chi-chi.com.au

#158321 - 12/03/07 10:03 AM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:
Though I seen her in concert...I would love to sit down at a table with Brenda Lee..

She is one of my favorite entertainers..

I just think she would be a down to earth gal..

BTW: Donny , you better hurry... your list is getting shorter everyday..

Well folks ..it happened for me!!!

Did I ever get a chance to meet Brenda Lee...You bet your bippy..I did.

Brenda was scheduled to perform at the Wildwood Convention building...her Christmas special show {Dec 1, 2009).
As luck [bad luck] would have it ..I was booked in Wildwood the same night in Wildwood, and could not attend her show..
I contacted her agent to see if she might stop by my gig[would have been great backing Brenda for a couple tunes]..
Short story..the agent ignored me..

The Brenda Lee special was promoted by Joey M[owner of La Piazza in Wildwood}..He puts all the "oldie shows" together..
I have played at La Piazza's and have close friendships with many of the people there...

My friend Suzann, set it up that I would be there[dinner with Brenda]..on the QT..
No one knew she would be there..My friends Johnny,Jimmy and Dave ( Aquanets} were security for Brenda during her stay...
After Brenda said goodbye to me at La Piazza's..I waited another half hour and decided to find something to do (I still had 3 and a half hours before my gig}...What a surprise , as I was leaving, one of the bosses[La Piazza]..stopped me and supplied me with an Brenda Lee "all access" pass...WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

I was dressed as a musician[musical tie]..and folks must have thought I was traveling with Brenda....Amazing as security was...I was treated like a celebrity[no, I did not abuse my privilege}...
To shorten the story, I was able to spend more time with Brenda in the staging area, behind the scenes..along with the other performers ..including the singing mayor of Wildwood[the group 45 RPM]..also the lovely and talented Sherry[formerly of Star]..
Our MC..Joey M, opened the show with his Sinatra tunes, and was joined ..later with Lou Costella[Wildwoods top DJ, from WVLT radio}..

Brenda opened her show with a new tune I never heard..wow a great opener and a terrific band[her band..keyboard, bass, drums, sax, and a pair of "cute" and talented back up singers..}I met one of them at La Piazza's...Brenda said [on stage] I guess you folks want to hear my old stuff..after applause...she said"Well we aren't going to do them".....just kidding naturally...

She did several of her big hits[that sold over 100 million..tops for any female artist ever}...

Unfortunately I had to leave early, before the show was over....but this dream came true ..more than I could have imagined..

My thanks to all my friends that made it possible...and to Brenda.....

#158322 - 12/03/07 12:27 PM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi fran,
that's amazing.
Dreams do come true.

best wishes
Rikki

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fran Carango:
[B]

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#158323 - 12/03/07 12:33 PM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
Jerry T Offline

Loc: Phila. 'burbs, Pa. USA
Way to go Fran. Sounds like you had a pretty exciting experience.
Ciao,
Jerry

#158324 - 12/03/07 01:06 PM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
tcon Offline

Loc: Pinellas Park.Florida. usa
Great topic.I have been very lucky in the fact that I worked with a lot of big names.My favourite though was Roy Orbison.I first opened for him in Ireland and then again in germany in 1972.Amazingly I worked with him again in Canada.I never had much of a chance to speak to him on those occasions as he would arrive for the gig just before he was due to play and leave straight afterwards.However the last time I saw him was in London Ontario and I sat on his tour bus and talked to him for a couple of hours.He was a very shy man and a complete gentleman.

#158325 - 12/03/07 01:35 PM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
Dnj Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Fran Carango:

#158326 - 12/03/07 01:36 PM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Great story, Fran. I'm very happy and proud for you. I was wondering what would cause someone to dig up this old thread. This was definitely worth it. Merry CHRISTmas!

Page 6 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online