SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#158277 - 08/22/07 06:15 AM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
deleted: Sorry this person I posted wasn't a musician. My bad!

[This message has been edited by squeak_D (edited 08-22-2007).]
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#158278 - 08/22/07 06:28 AM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
mikey_maestro Offline

Loc: San Tan Valley, AZ
Billy Joel

maybe ill meet him someday

#158279 - 08/22/07 06:36 AM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
keysvocalssax Offline

Loc: Miami FL nov-may/Lakeville CT ...
My favorite singer Tony Bennett came to Lincoln Rd Mall on Miami Beach in 1998 to sign copies of his autobiography, "The Good Life". The owner of the bookstore hired me to play sax/sing w/Brian Murphy on keys. We were outside to the right of the entry door and TB was right next to us at a table on the left side of the door. We tried to get him to sing with us but he was just there to sign books. He kept giving us the thumbs up sign all night and he was obviously very into our groove. At th end of the night he called me into the back of the store to tell me how much he dug us...and handed me a copy of his book. inside the front cover he wrote: "Mo, you are wonderful, right in the pocket". A week later I got a call to sub for Bill Easley who was Jimmy Smith's sax player at the time, to do the Clearwater Jazz Festival with Jimmy, Phil Upchurch, and Frank (sorry, forgot his name) on drums. I was scheduled to be at the Fest w/Johnny Conga's Latin Jazz Allstars, so I got to be featured twice! I guess it's all been downhill since september 1998--what a month! In 1992 TB came back to Miami Beach to play th Gleason Theater, and we went to see him for his 75th b-day concert. he was just unbelievable. goosebump time- he sang one tune a cappella and his voice was so powerful it blew everyone away. to see him again recently on TV for his 80th birthday special was a blessing. and what is even more fiting is that he remains one of the nicest people that ever lived..everyone loves him.

------------------
Miami Mo

#158280 - 08/22/07 07:27 AM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Quote:
Originally posted by keysvocalssax:
My favorite singer Tony Bennett came to Lincoln Rd Mall on Miami Beach in 1998 to sign copies of his autobiography, "The Good Life". The owner of the bookstore hired me
to play sax/sing w/Brian Murphy on keys. We were
outside to the right of the entry door and TB
was right next to us at a table on the left side of the door. We tried to
get him to sing with us but he was just there
to sign books. He kept giving us the thumbs up
sign all night and he was obviously very into
our groove. At th end of the night he called
me into the back of the store to tell me how much he dug us...and handed me a copy of his
book. inside the front cover he wrote: "Mo,
you are wonderful, right in the pocket". A week later I got a call to sub for Bill Easley who was Jimmy Smith's sax player at the time, to do the Clearwater Jazz Festival
with Jimmy, Phil Upchurch, and Frank (sorry, forgot his name) on drums. I was scheduled
to be at the Fest w/Johnny Conga's Latin Jazz
Allstars, so I got to be featured twice! I guess it's all been downhill since september 1998--what a month! In 1992 TB came back to
Miami Beach to play th Gleason Theater, and
we went to see him for his 75th b-day concert. he was just unbelievable. goosebump time- he sang one tune a cappella and his voice was so powerful it blew everyone away. to see him
again recently on TV for his 80th birthday
special was a blessing. and what is even more
fiting is that he remains one of the nicest people that ever lived..everyone loves him.

Shouldn't post twice on this type of thread, but......couldn't agree more, Mo. Although not my favorite blues singer (BB King), jazz singer (Joe Williams), stylist (Shirley Horn), rock singer (Joe Cocker), soul singer (Ray Charles,Janis Joplin,James Brown.....now that they're all together, I hope Janis and one of the others has an offspring and sends him down to earth), pop singer (can't really think of anyone I like), he IS my favorite all-around singer and if I had to listen to just one singer for the rest of my life, it would probably be Tony Bennett.

chas

#158281 - 08/22/07 07:32 AM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
Dnj Offline

Being I already have met
Uncle Dave & Fran Carango...

my 1st choice would have to be the Chairman of the Board.... followed by

Frank Sinatra
Sammy Davis Jr.
Itzhak Perlman
Louis Armstrong
Al Hirt
Liberace
Wayne Newton
AC/DC

[This message has been edited by Dnj (edited 08-22-2007).]

#158282 - 08/22/07 09:05 AM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
Though I seen her in concert...I would love to sit down at a table with Brenda Lee..

She is one of my favorite entertainers..

I just think she would be a down to earth gal..

BTW: Donny , you better hurry... your list is getting shorter everyday..

#158283 - 08/22/07 09:14 AM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
Dnj Offline

Fran ...I can meet them anytime I want....I just turn on my Zune put in my headphones and close my eyes baby!!!

#158284 - 08/22/07 09:20 AM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
ELTON

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

#158285 - 08/22/07 09:28 AM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
Dnj Offline

#158286 - 08/22/07 09:45 AM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
TwoNuts Offline

Loc: Vancouver, Washington. USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Elton Dean Jazz Sax man?

http://www.buzzle.com/editorials/2-9-2006-88526.asp

Sorry Donny,

ELTON JOHN

Elton Dean was an awesome sax man. However, my dream would be to sit down and play some piano with Sir Elton John.

Dennis L. Almond
aka...TwoNuts

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online