SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >
Topic Options
#158267 - 08/21/07 09:39 PM OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
rikkisbears Offline

Loc: NSW,Australia
Hi All,
bit of a hypathetical.
What famous recording artist or musician in your own lifetime would you luv to meet , and have you.
Unbelievably I did get to meet my idol.
Maybe it's only a chicks fantasy, what about the guys. ??

Taike's been doing an amazing job at arranger world forum, on musicians biographies, which sparked the above question.. http://tinyurl.com/2kjay2

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#158268 - 08/21/07 09:49 PM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
Dnj Offline

Don Mason

#158269 - 08/21/07 10:03 PM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
rikkisbears Offline

Hi Donny,
must admit Don's someone i'd luv to meet too, bit far for me to go though.

haa haa

best wishes
Rikki

Quote:
Originally posted by Dnj:
Don Mason

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#158270 - 08/21/07 10:07 PM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
squeak_D Offline

Loc: West Virginia
I met my favorite female singer. My ex fiance surprised me with tickets on my 21'st B-day years back. She then surprised me again halfway through her closing song and pulled out back stage passes. Who was this "Diva"? Why the queen of soul herself Ms. Aretha Franklin! I didn't stop talking b'out that for six months!
GEAR: Yamaha MOXF-6, Casio MZX-500, Roland Juno-Di, M-Audio Venom, Roland RS-70, Yamaha PSR S700, M-Audio Axiom Pro-61 (Midi Controller). SOFTWARE: Mixcraft-7, PowerTracks Pro Audio 2013, Beat Thang Virtual, Dimension Le.

#158271 - 08/21/07 10:14 PM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
rikkisbears Offline

Whoops,
just realized I forgot to mention mine.

Richard Clayderman, I was a big fan for many many years, ended up meeting him in an elevator after his cabaret show at the Sydney Hilton about 8 years ago.

As luck would have it, I had hubby & mum in law tagging along.
Just as well, I was too dumfounded to say boo, luckily hubby said hello & introduced us all. Really nice & very humble considering his fame.

best wishes
Rikki

Korg PA5X 88 note
SX900
Band in a Box 2022

#158272 - 08/21/07 11:01 PM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
Taike Offline

Loc: Xingyi, Guizhou (China)
Fun topic, Rikki. And thanks for your kind words. You're doing a great job yourself.

Well, I would've loved meeting Klaus Wunderlich but he's passed away. I did get to meet Franz Lambert and had a short talk with him. Unbelievable large hands he has!

As for rock artists...Ringo Star would be my first choice and Paul my second. Otherwise it would've been Ringo, George, John and Paul (in that order). Why Ringo? Just love his sense of humor and he's so unassuming.

Taike

[This message has been edited by Taike (edited 08-22-2007).]

#158273 - 08/21/07 11:58 PM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
Dreamer Offline

Loc: Rome - Italy
Back in the days I had the opportunity to meet the Who after a concert here in Rome; they were waiting to be picked up by someone and -strange as it may seem- nobody was there but me and one of my friends. So I exchanged a few words with Pete Townsend and he explained me that the guitar (a Rickenbacker) he had just crashed in two pieces at the end of the show was "fixed"... This word left me perplexed (I was a teenager at the time, barely familiar with english), till I went home and searched in my english dictionary.
However, the Who weren't my favorite group and I wasn't particularly thrilled either, but they were the only artists I was able to meet in person.

#158274 - 08/22/07 04:14 AM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
cgiles Offline

Loc: Roswell,GA/USA
Well, I've been lucky. I've have met quite a few of my idols even if only briefly. This includes Miles who was somewhat anti-social and not quite ummm "sober" at the time. Two that I missed and wished i'd met were John Coltrane and Bill Evans. Giants.

........oh yeah, and Oscar Peterson, Nina Simone, Joe Cocker, Willie Nelson, Thelonius Monk, Barbara Dennerlien, James Brown, Van Cliburn, Jimi Hendrix, "Pearl", Archie Shepp, Billy Holiday, BB King, Yolanda Adams, Charlie Mingus, Capt. Russ.

#158275 - 08/22/07 04:27 AM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
ianmcnll Offline

Loc: Cape Breton Island, Canada
I was lucky enough to do a clinic on the PSR-9000 Pro for Oscar Peterson, who is my favorite piano player.

What a terrific guy...very down to earth.

Also met Diana Krall while on a Yamaha seminar in Scarborough, many years ago...she was playing in the piano bar at the hotel we were staying in...this was before she really became famous, although it was obvious at the time she was pretty special.

Ian

------------------
Common misconception...size and weight equal quality and performance. Don't be fooled.

#158276 - 08/22/07 06:10 AM Re: OT: What famous Musician In Your Lifetime Would You Luv To Meet ( and have you)
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
I got to meet Felix Cavalieri (Rascals) a few years back at a local venue. He seemed so down to earth and I wish we had time to really talk, but it was after the show and I just made small talk and got my CD autographed. He even conversed with my wife and she wasn't even drooling all over herself, as I must have been.

The funny thing is - I'm not the only keyboardist in southeast Michigan (or even the world) who claims Felix as an idol and an influence on their playing. Where did that thought come from ?

Thanks, Rikki for the topic.

[This message has been edited by cassp (edited 08-22-2007).]

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online