SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#158250 - 08/04/03 10:57 PM Laptop Software that plays music and shows lyrics with chords!
musickatz2 Offline

I currently am using a psr2100 and have in mind a program for the laptop that will play music(probably mp3 backing tracks) as well as call up the lyrics with chords above the words at ths same time....without a lot of keystroking between songs. So preferably...say i wanted to play "margaritaville"...I'd type M in to scroll to the M songs....just cursor down to the song....press enter....and presto....i'm in the song for audio...and the lyrics are on the screen!!! Does it exist? I have chord pro manager for the lyrics. Can that be linked to something? I dont know much about Sonar....will that do the trick? Thanks for any help out there!

#158251 - 08/05/03 05:57 AM Re: Laptop Software that plays music and shows lyrics with chords!
trtjazz Offline

Sonar won't do it, try Band In A Box from pgmusic.com
Terry

------------------
jam on,
Terry http://imjazzed.homestead.com/Index.html

#158252 - 08/05/03 06:30 AM Re: Laptop Software that plays music and shows lyrics with chords!
Fran Carango Offline

Loc: Levittown, Pa, USA
No problem but you will need a combination of programs, Winamp for your MP3 playback, VanBasco for your SMF and Karaoke file playback,,,Use GNMIDI to read chord changes and edits for the lyrics...These three programs can be set up and are compatible to work together..

#158253 - 08/05/03 12:48 PM Re: Laptop Software that plays music and shows lyrics with chords!
musickatz2 Offline

Thank you Fran and Jazz...I have had BIAB for a few days...just no time to get into it but I'm looking forward to it on everyones recomendation here. I will get Van Vasco this week and check that out. Does winamp have the ability to chose a song while one is playing so that the next song will come in back to back? Is that called chaining? Not sure. Anyways...guess I'll download both of those to see what I can do with that. Thanks for the input!! :-)

#158254 - 08/06/03 07:51 AM Re: Laptop Software that plays music and shows lyrics with chords!
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by musickatz2:
Does winamp have the ability to chose a song while one is playing so that the next song will come in back to back?

Yes, and it's SOooo easy. here is a "playlist" window that you simply drag files (song names) into. You can rearrange them on the fly, add to or delete selections...even purge the whole list and start over...ALL DURING PLAYBACK.

This is what I use to handle all my MP3s during performance. I even have an older version. The newest one features a cross fader effect that blends one song out, while the next one slowly blends in ..... as if a DJ mixer was used. I prefer an immediate change for my need.

#158255 - 08/06/03 09:29 AM Re: Laptop Software that plays music and shows lyrics with chords!
musickatz2 Offline

Sounds fantastic! I'll get it today...may even start using it for my dj work too! I didnt know you ran mp3s dave...I thought I was the only on thinking of not running directly off of midi into a sound module. Since I'm not wanting to take my psr to clubs, etc...I will start playing guitar again and just use the comps mp3s for backing tracks. Therefor I dont need any extra sound modules. I also noticed...since i'm not recording with the xg voices...that my recordings might not sound good with a module anyways. Does psr have a module? hmmm. Anyways the whole ideas is to get away from taking my psr to clubs....i figured a beer spilled on my guitar is no biggie. :-) Tc all

#158256 - 08/06/03 09:35 AM Re: Laptop Software that plays music and shows lyrics with chords!
Dnj Offline

Yes Uncle Dave is correct.....Winamp does a fantastic job with MP3's in a live situation for sure...
I love it!!!

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online