SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#158238 - 04/05/05 01:13 PM Re: Finally a fantastic product for us backingtrackers
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
One advantage MIDI is the ability to transpose the key to fit your voice range. With a pre-fab mp3/wave song you may be out of your range. How would you know whether or not that's the case before purchasing an mp3 file?

#158239 - 04/05/05 01:21 PM Re: Finally a fantastic product for us backingtrackers
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Glenn,
some studios offer the song in a different key. In order to do this, they are relying on topnotch VST sounds/instruments. The only downside is the pricing. Yes there are some advantages with midi and that is the flexibility. They show you the key the song is in before you purchase though.

[This message has been edited by royandreno (edited 04-05-2005).]

#158240 - 04/05/05 02:03 PM Re: Finally a fantastic product for us backingtrackers
cassp Offline

Loc: Motown
Roy, the jamtrax and backingtrax sites are really exciting... but I share concerns about tempo and key. Granted, the realism is great. If there were more sites and more songs in my repitoire, I might be tempted to get a few of these.

#158241 - 04/06/05 09:49 PM Re: Finally a fantastic product for us backingtrackers
Vquestor Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by royandreno:
Ok try this: http://www.playwareinnovations.com/
This is a programme that plays mp3 and wav files. You can enter lyrics on the fly, it has a conductor bar telling you where you are with colour codes, you control midi devices if you have them and the list goes on. I have been looking for something like this for a long time, and someone answered my needs. The support from the programmers is tremendous, and I highly recommend Onstage Performer to anyone wanting a slick PC based set up. It is extremely user friendly as well. You build sets for the gig/job, or you wing it (random select), and no I am not a shareholder!

This sounds similar to MidiMaestro.

#158242 - 04/11/05 07:25 AM Re: Finally a fantastic product for us backingtrackers
GlennT Offline

Loc: Medina, OH, USA
I finally got around to checking out the videos... looks like a very slick program. A bit onerpriced, but possibly well worth it. BTW, IMO the best way to handle something like this is to make your own mp3s, possibly from your own converted midis, and keep them at a minimum so you're still 'live'. That way, there's no problem with your personal preferance of key, tempo, or style.

#158243 - 04/11/05 10:53 AM Re: Finally a fantastic product for us backingtrackers
royandreno Offline

Loc: Sandnes, Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by GlennT:
I finally got around to checking out the videos... looks like a very slick program. A bit onerpriced, but possibly well worth it. BTW, IMO the best way to handle something like this is to make your own mp3s, possibly from your own converted midis, and keep them at a minimum so you're still 'live'. That way, there's no problem with your personal preferance of key, tempo, or style.

I think you are right on, Glenn. This gives you an option to do and play anything recorded to mp3 or wave to your liking or needs. I am in the midst of loading and texting and I am thrilled with how easy the programme is to use.
Vquestor; yes I guess they are a bit alike, I haven't got the Midimaesatro though.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online