SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15814 - 10/04/04 07:13 AM equinox delay
Anonymous
Unregistered

I use my equinox 61 for live performances but I get frustrated by the delay when changing performances manually on the keypad. Its not the longest delay but enough to cause me problems.

Does any anyone have any suggestions how this can be improved upon. I have the 2MB memory would increasing this to 8MB help or is that just solely for storing sounds?

I am using the most recent firmware upgrade

many thanks

#15815 - 10/10/04 05:29 AM Re: equinox delay
Chris A Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ,
If you're talking about the small audible pause that occurs when moving from one performance to another, this is entirely due to the effect algorithms changing. When you change from one perf to another, the audio output is muted for an instant (if this didn't happen you would hear all kinds of unpleasant noise from the DSPs). Most synths behave in a similar way in performance mode for this reason. This is not something which would be improved by adding additional memory.

If I remember correctly, (it's been a while), you should be able to minimize this delay by setting up performances that use the same effect algorithms (you can change the sends and effect edit parameters - just make sure that the actual effects themselves are the same for every perf you're using). This basically allows the effects to "recover" in the quickest possible time. As long as you're not using performances that rely heavily on effects, you should be able to re-program those performances you use most often to use essentially the same effect pairings.

Also, you might try using the USER PANEL feature as a quicker way of selecting performances (faster than the keypad). You can set up user panel presets where each preset allows 16 performances of your choice to be selected directly by pressing the buttons beneath the sliders.

Hope this helps
Chris

#15816 - 10/14/04 11:37 AM Re: equinox delay
Anonymous
Unregistered

Many thanks that was just the info I required, and the info on using the user panel to change performances will make my life a lot easier.

#15817 - 10/15/04 12:11 AM Re: equinox delay
Chris A Offline

Loc: Scottsdale, AZ,
Glad I could help. I have a friend who uses the Equinox for different types of gigs (he plays with 3 or 4 different bands) and we found that setting up separate user panel presets for each scenario is the most effective way to select performances on the fly.

Chris

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online