SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#158103 - 09/22/04 02:05 PM Possible solution to running stereo Yamaha kb into mono amp.
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
I saw this on the Bose forum.

Sounds like this could be an answer to using only one amp for the Tyros and PSR3000 etc:

posted Thu February 12 2004 01:20 PM
Little Labs (http://www.littlelabs.com/ibp.html) makes a great phase alignment box called IBP (and a simpler junior version} allowing one of the stereo channels run through it to be continuously phase adjusted until it sounds right with respect to the other channel.
So there is an option instead of trying to force everything back to mono...
http://www.littlelabs.com/ibpjr.html

Best
Scott

#158104 - 09/22/04 04:12 PM Re: Possible solution to running stereo Yamaha kb into mono amp.
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Neat look device, but a heavy price tag. For what you would spend on this you could buy a second powered speaker and run in stereo.

Scott, good to hear from you again. I hope you were able to dodge the bullet and avoid damage from Ivan.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#158105 - 09/22/04 04:42 PM Re: Possible solution to running stereo Yamaha kb into mono amp.
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Scott, was worried about you. I too am glad to see you back, and trust you've made it thru Ivan ok.

$375?! Ouch that certainly IS pricey alright, but if it's real small & light, and actually works well, it might be the best (and only) solution (for a Yamaha keyboard) when you need to travel light with just ONE PA speaker. Scott, you willing to be the guinea pig to test it out for us?

Scott

#158106 - 09/22/04 06:08 PM Re: Possible solution to running stereo Yamaha kb into mono amp.
Beakybird Offline

This might be a good solution for someone like Uncle Dave who was running a PSR3000 through a Bose unit.

Beakybird

#158107 - 09/22/04 07:41 PM Re: Possible solution to running stereo Yamaha kb into mono amp.
Scott Langholff Offline

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hey gang

It really is great to be back with my SynthZone family.

I can consider myself very lucky and blessed that Jen and I are fine, and that there was no real damage to our 4 cats or property.

We stayed in our two story brick apartment after consulting with the locals that grew up in hurricane country.

It was rather scary to say the least. I am glad that Jen fell asleep during the worst part. I stayed up in case the roof blew off or something. The sights and sounds were incredible to say the least considering we were in the worst part of the storm with winds ranging between 65-130 mph as I understand.

Our next door neighbor in the same building had part of his roof blown off. He says he now has a skylight in his bedroom.

The electricity came back on for us after 5 days of about 90 degrees. Most of the area still has no power. Bottled water only until the leaks in the water system are fixed.

So these were a few minor incoveniences that we experienced , a lot of people with a lot more problems to deal with than we did .

It sounds like at least three of the people I work with have homes that are basically totalled out.

Again, I am very thankful that I am able to be back here talking with my SZ friends again.

ScottY: OINK, OINK. lol. Not really. I don't think I really need one of those gagets. (at least not today) hehe

Scott

#158108 - 09/22/04 11:51 PM Re: Possible solution to running stereo Yamaha kb into mono amp.
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
Uncle Dave is getting so many compliments on the 3000/Bose combo, that he'd be nuts to change ONE thing.
I tweaked the acoustic piano a bit and it solunds fuller and brighter. I use more EPs than acoustics, and that section sounds just fine. The important thing is vocals, and they sounds great in the Bose. Then comes bass and drums. Everything else is fluff.

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online