SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#157941 - 12/06/01 04:27 AM HELP ...Question for SD-1/X1 owners/users !
Denis007 Offline

Loc: Ottawa,ONT,CANADA
Hello,

I am planning to by X1 or SD-1 in near future and nowdays I am gathering info about those boards.

I have noticed that PSR and KORG arrangers
have a huge library of additional styles and
many of those can be downloaded for free from the Internet.
What about the Ketron SD-1/X1 ?
Is there a place where you can download original styles which are not already "built in" SD-1/X1 ?
I know that there is a software which can convert styles from other keyboards but also I have heard that sometimes they don't sound very nice on SD-1.Is this true ?
That's why I would like to know where I can find SD-1/X1 original styles.

Thanks !

D.

#157942 - 12/06/01 04:48 AM Re: HELP ...Question for SD-1/X1 owners/users !
mc Offline

Loc: New York
Denis07,

There are many styles that can be download from the internet under the "jussi's place" in synthzone\solton. also the X1 if purchase the keyboard with a hard drive it comes with the ms50, ms100, and song styles library.
I don't belive sd1 has that yet. with the ms series styles thats over 250 styles alone.

good luck....

#157943 - 12/06/01 05:44 AM Re: HELP ...Question for SD-1/X1 owners/users !
Gunnar Jonny Online   content

Loc: Norway
Solton have a great Styledisk and Songdisk
library.
On a stand I was told by the Norwegian importer
that Ketron will continue that work regarding
to SD1 too.http://www.ketron.it/

GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#157944 - 12/06/01 05:56 AM Re: HELP ...Question for SD-1/X1 owners/users !
Tom Cavanaugh Offline

Loc: Muskegon, MI
Denis07,

I've had my X1 for almost two years. I bought it from DonM. There are tons of converted styles out on the web for the X1. The best resource is this forum and Fran Carango. Fran is the greatest. I would also join the Solton Club. It's free.

How do the converted styles work? Some work great, some are terrible. Some need a little tweeking. Most Solton styles are as good if not better than the rest. I really like the converted big band styles from Roland. IMHO these are far better than the stock Solton BB styles.

Another nice feature is you can mix and match style parts easily. You can copy the drums from variation 1 from one style to a variation on another style. You can copy any part from one style to another. If you like a downloaded style but not intro 1 you find an intro you like and copy it to intro 1. Bam your style now has an intro you do like.

Go to http://arrangerkeyboardists.iuma.com and listen to my version of "The Lady is a Tramp". That style/into combination is cut and paste.

Good luck!

Tom

Tom

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online