SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#15750 - 08/29/01 09:47 AM Setting style effects
Vic01 Offline

Loc: Madison, Wisconsin USA
What's the best or should I say easiest way to set the effects for a given style on a wk8. It seems when I load a style, it loads with it certain effects like chorus, reverb, etc. I'm not seeing a screen that allows you to select a track and select which effect and how much of that effect on a per track level. When I go into the effects edit screen, you can change the effects there on a global basis but when you reload the style, the original settings are back. Is this where you would save your changes to a performance? I'm guessing that is the correct answer but is there a master track you can edit with the microscope where you can change or insert a controller message on a per track level for styles?

#15751 - 08/29/01 10:23 PM Re: Setting style effects
Anonymous
Unregistered

All styles use Effects section B. Under EFFECTS, in the main EFFECT TYPE page you have two effects listed under GROUP B which are applied to the style, (GROUP A is for the real time sounds that you play yourself). First, set the two effects that you want to use for the style under the EFFECT B group.

Next, use the TRACK SCROLL buttons at the top left of the screen to pull up the style tracks, (you should see DR, BS, A1 etc. listed in the left column of the display). Now select SEND LEVEL, (F2)and choose how much of each effect to apply to each track. You can play the style while you're doing this. If you stop and restart the style during this operation, the original pre-programmed effects will be restored and all your changes will be lost. Any time you have made changes that you like, press STORE PERF, use the right arrow to highlight the word STYLE and then press ENTER. Your changes will be stored into the style for future playback. NOTE: Style whose factory settings have been changed can be recognized by an asterisk (*) which appears after their names.

Your effect changes will remain in that style as long as it stays in memory. If this is a style that you normally load form floppy or hard disk then you will need to re-save this newly modified version to the same location where the original was located. If its a USER STYLE then use SAVE SINGLE USER STYLE. If its a factory style then use SAVE SINGLE STYLE PERF. Alternatively, you can modify a number of styles in one session and then use SAVE ALL USER STYLE and SAVE ALL STYLE PERF when you're finished.

Hope this helps
Chris

#15752 - 08/30/01 05:34 AM Re: Setting style effects
Vic01 Offline

Thanks Chris. That really does help. What a great keyboard you guys have made !! I have to laugh to myself with all the other arranger keybaords coming out saying they can now do this or do that and I say to myself my wk8 can already do those supposedly new things. Your new line coming out at namm this winter ought to really rock !! My wk8 would make a great backup board to my new Gem whatever. (Please don't name it "whatever" now )

#15753 - 08/30/01 04:48 PM Re: Setting style effects
Anonymous
Unregistered

Actually it is pretty catchy:-) Will you demand royalties if I end up using it?

#15754 - 08/31/01 05:52 AM Re: Setting style effects
Vic01 Offline

Royalties, hmmmm.... Just kidding. Maybe you guys could just hire me to be your new product namer. My wife is Italian and she might love moving to Italy. Oh well, it's Friday with a 3 day weekend coming up here so I'm a little crazy this morning...wheee !!!

Moderator:  Admin 

Help keep Synth Zone Online