SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
#157230 - 10/27/05 11:25 AM Styles in Roland GW-7 ? (also GW-7 vs. EXR-7s vs. G-600)
RolandLover Offline
Junior Member

Registered: 10/27/05
Posts: 28
Dear fellow friends,

I would like to know, are the styles in Roland GW-7 are the same as the ones in Roland EXR series?

What's the major advantage of GW-7 compared to EXR series?

Can somebody kind enough to give me opinions, I don't know which one to choose:
1. New GW-7
2. New EXR-5s
3. Used G-600

Thanks a lot my fellow friends.

Top
#157231 - 10/27/05 01:56 PM Re: Styles in Roland GW-7 ? (also GW-7 vs. EXR-7s vs. G-600)
sunfactor Offline
Member

Registered: 10/19/05
Posts: 38
Sorry, this will not answer your question... but have you ever considered buying a Casio WK 3200/3700?

Sun

Top
#157232 - 10/27/05 03:32 PM Re: Styles in Roland GW-7 ? (also GW-7 vs. EXR-7s vs. G-600)
zuki Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 09/20/02
Posts: 4480
Loc: Michigan
Rolandlover,

The EXR series is more suited for sitting down and playing because it has the speaker system. It can accept different stles in the (3) Roland formats. I had the EXR7s and really enjoyed it. The USB is a useful tool and there are many on this forum that own the EXR board.

The GW7 doesn't have speakers and has more oriental sounds. The keys are very tiny too. It has extensive navigation screens to get to the source.

If you consider EXR - go for the EXR7s. It has the sound banks, along with style banks on the panel - the 5 and 3 do not - that is a pain in my opinion.

The G600 is old and I have no experience with that.

zuki
_________________________
Korg PA3X / QSC 8.2s / Zedi-6FX / Tascam DP24CD / Baby Blue and Encore 300 mics / Zoom Q8

Top
#157233 - 10/27/05 05:12 PM Re: Styles in Roland GW-7 ? (also GW-7 vs. EXR-7s vs. G-600)
RolandLover Offline
Junior Member

Registered: 10/27/05
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally posted by zuki:
Rolandlover,

The EXR series is more suited for sitting down and playing because it has the speaker system. It can accept different stles in the (3) Roland formats. I had the EXR7s and really enjoyed it. The USB is a useful tool and there are many on this forum that own the EXR board.

The GW7 doesn't have speakers and has more oriental sounds. The keys are very tiny too. It has extensive navigation screens to get to the source.

If you consider EXR - go for the EXR7s. It has the sound banks, along with style banks on the panel - the 5 and 3 do not - that is a pain in my opinion.

The G600 is old and I have no experience with that.

zuki



Hi Zuki,
Are the GW-7 built-in styles the same as EXR styles?

What do you mean the GW-7 keys are very tiny? Aren't they full-size keys?

How's the keys quality of EXR-s series (compared to ordinary EXR and GW-7) ?

Hi Sunfactor,
I have Casio PSX-555-R, but sorry, I don't like Casio arranger keyboard.

Thanks my fellow friends.

Top
#157234 - 10/27/05 07:38 PM Re: Styles in Roland GW-7 ? (also GW-7 vs. EXR-7s vs. G-600)
zuki Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 09/20/02
Posts: 4480
Loc: Michigan
Rol -

The styles are different in the EXR and GW, but I cannot tell you exactly how different.

The GW keys are very tiny, almost like an accordion (short).

The EXR7s keybed is very nice. I think the keybeds in the EXR's might all be the same.

Also, the EXR7s has 76 keys and is still lightweight.

Regards,
zuki
_________________________
Korg PA3X / QSC 8.2s / Zedi-6FX / Tascam DP24CD / Baby Blue and Encore 300 mics / Zoom Q8

Top
#157235 - 10/27/05 11:10 PM Re: Styles in Roland GW-7 ? (also GW-7 vs. EXR-7s vs. G-600)
jamman Offline
Member

Registered: 08/24/04
Posts: 638
Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Quote:
Originally posted by RolandLover:

Can somebody kind enough to give me opinions, I don't know which one to choose:
1. New GW-7
2. New EXR-5s
3. Used G-600

Thanks a lot my fellow friends.



answer - korg PA 50

Top
#157236 - 10/28/05 03:42 AM Re: Styles in Roland GW-7 ? (also GW-7 vs. EXR-7s vs. G-600)
zuki Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 09/20/02
Posts: 4480
Loc: Michigan
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jamman:

answer - korg PA 50

Jamman,
I have mine for sale if interested.
zuki
_________________________
Korg PA3X / QSC 8.2s / Zedi-6FX / Tascam DP24CD / Baby Blue and Encore 300 mics / Zoom Q8

Top
#157237 - 10/28/05 09:00 AM Re: Styles in Roland GW-7 ? (also GW-7 vs. EXR-7s vs. G-600)
RolandLover Offline
Junior Member

Registered: 10/27/05
Posts: 28
Quote:
Originally posted by jamman:

answer - korg PA 50


Yeah, I considered Korg PA-50 as well. But since the keys doesn't feel good, I reconsider it.

Btw, Zuki, how's the keys feel between your PA-50 and EXR-7s? Which one do you like better? How's the keys action? Which one feel more solid?

Thanks

Top
#157238 - 10/28/05 03:28 PM Re: Styles in Roland GW-7 ? (also GW-7 vs. EXR-7s vs. G-600)
zuki Offline
Senior Member

Registered: 09/20/02
Posts: 4480
Loc: Michigan
Rolandlover,

Since I've owned both, I'd have to say the EXR7s has a much better keybed than the Korg PA50.

zuki
_________________________
Korg PA3X / QSC 8.2s / Zedi-6FX / Tascam DP24CD / Baby Blue and Encore 300 mics / Zoom Q8

Top
#157239 - 10/28/05 09:52 PM Re: Styles in Roland GW-7 ? (also GW-7 vs. EXR-7s vs. G-600)
jamman Offline
Member

Registered: 08/24/04
Posts: 638
Loc: City of Angels in the golden s...
Quote:
Originally posted by RolandLover:
Yeah, I considered Korg PA-50 as well. But since the keys doesn't feel good, I reconsider it.

Btw, Zuki, how's the keys feel between your PA-50 and EXR-7s? Which one do you like better? How's the keys action? Which one feel more solid?

Thanks


key feel -exr is better.sound and function wise PA is a better buy/value.

Top
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

Moderator:  Admin 



Help keep Synth Zone Online