SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#157227 - 01/25/06 07:18 AM Another Song Uploded
abacus Offline

Loc: English Riviera, UK
Hello All
After posting one of the Demo files on the Abacus (See New Song Uploaded) I decided to post some with me actually playing, (Unfortunately) don’t expect anything special as unlike the professionals, I play purely for pleasure, and with other commitments I do not have the time to practice as I would like.
I have included more then one tune as some are short.
The first is Over The Waves and features the Drawbars in the right hand with a gentle String backing, the initial part is played without rhythm but with Auto Base added, which adds the Root note of the chord as if you were playing base pedals, (The actual voice is called a Pedal Bass) the style used is a Viennese Waltz.
The next part contains recordings of 3 of the Standard Styles on the Abacus, (To save on time I have not included any variations) specifically USA Ballad, USA Bluesy and USA Jobin, I have included these for our American friends, + I am curious to see if indeed they are USA specific.
The next tune is Londonderry Air, and features an 8 beat style with 2 variations, this includes some nice synth pad backings, (Well I think they sound nice) again there is a gentle String backing with the Solo Flute being one of the Akai samples I have loaded in the Abacus.
The next 2 parts are Real Drum Styles, (Recordings of a live drummer and kit, and then looped to mix in with the backing) the first is a Swing Rhythm and features just the Drum Kit; the second is a Beguine Style.
To finish off I have included the Song Some Enchanted Evening, and features one of the Real Drum Foxtrots, it is adapted from an Organ Arrangement which I have, it starts off with an Oboe followed by Clarinet then Strings, before returning to the Oboe and finally finishing off with the Stings once more, as there various different types of these instruments, I have used what I think suits the Song.
Anyway here is the link, and I hope you enjoy.

Bill.
http://s39.yousendit.com/d.aspx?id=372CSLS1CLM56052ACHNXB7333

#157228 - 01/25/06 09:22 AM Re: Another Song Uploded
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Bill, thanks for sharing your Wersi Abacus produced demo. I'm quite impressed with the drumkit & organ sounds. Your posted demo seems timely, because when I attend NAMM last week, and had stopped by the Wersi Showroom to checkout the Abacus, I was TOTALLY IGNORED by the Wersi showroom staff (5 people), even though not a single other visitor was in the room. After 8 minutes, and not a single Wersi rep even willing to acknowledge my presence, I left the room. Bill, your song medley demonstrates how impressive this instrument sounds, but that bad experience with Wersi at NAMM has left a bitter taste in my mouth, including no interest in purchasing a Wersi product now. - Scott

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online