SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#157053 - 08/22/02 02:54 PM Demo KN7000
gerbo Offline

Loc: Vaassen, Netherlands
Hi,

I saw and heard and played the new KN7000
I was disappointed how it looks and how it sounds!

Many organ sounds has been added and new accordion sounds also and new organ styles but that is not enough to make a keyboard
excellent!

I play now the KN6000 and I heard a lot of styles who are the same or almost the same.

I think it is more like an update from the 6000 series in look and sound.

I am going to wait for the new Yamaha TYROS who has a lot of new stuff inside which is more like my interest.
This time a want a keyboard that is completely new and has new rhythms and sounds inside.

I can imaging that a lot people like the new KN7000 because they like the new look and the new accordion and organ sounds and styles.

It is a personal taste.

Gerrit.

#157054 - 08/22/02 03:22 PM Re: Demo KN7000
Jupitar5 Offline

Loc: United States
Gerbo, What *sounds* did you check out while you was playing?, and what did you think of the String section? has this department been improved?. What about the Electric Piano's? (Rhodes etc)?

Tony

-------------------------------

Atheist had better pray to God that there isn't one...

#157055 - 08/22/02 04:18 PM Re: Demo KN7000
Roel Offline

Gerrit,
A few years ago I stopped purchasing Technics keyboards and the KN5000 was replaced by the Solton X1.

Some people say the KN2000 is the best Technics-machine they produced. All following KN3k, KN5k, KN6k etc. are allmost the same...... in another 'box' (case)
A few months ago I was able to play the KN6500....... just not the right one for me !
Styles and instruments are too clean, not realy suited for life performances....not a pro-instrument.

The KN7k 'pianokeys-cover'-alike operating panel..... I dislike those 'technical innovations' that add NOTHING to the musical-/sound quality, but can cause huge (mechanical ?) problems

Again : A personal opinion.

Since I purchased the Italian X1 and now the SD1 I do know what real 'musical-drive' is and what it does to ones audiance.

Btw Gerrit, did you visit the show in Wezep (near Zwolle) ?

Roel

#157056 - 08/23/02 05:47 AM Re: Demo KN7000
technicsplayer Offline

#157057 - 08/24/02 12:55 PM Re: Demo KN7000
gerbo Offline

Loc: Vaassen, Netherlands
Quote:
Originally posted by Roel:
Gerrit,
A few years ago I stopped purchasing Technics keyboards and the KN5000 was replaced by the Solton X1.

Some people say the KN2000 is the best Technics-machine they produced. All following KN3k, KN5k, KN6k etc. are allmost the same...... in another 'box' (case)
A few months ago I was able to play the KN6500....... just not the right one for me !
Styles and instruments are too clean, not realy suited for life performances....not a pro-instrument.

The KN7k 'pianokeys-cover'-alike operating panel..... I dislike those 'technical innovations' that add NOTHING to the musical-/sound quality, but can cause huge (mechanical ?) problems

Again : A personal opinion.

Since I purchased the Italian X1 and now the SD1 I do know what real 'musical-drive' is and what it does to ones audiance.

Btw Gerrit, did you visit the show in Wezep (near Zwolle) ?

Roel

Hallo Roel,

Ja ik ben afgelopen woensdag bij Oostendorp
geweest voor een demo van de KN 7000

Groetjes Gerrit

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online