SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4
Topic Options
#156943 - 08/21/03 09:42 PM Re: Worth mentioning again...... $?$?$?$?$
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
I've been lucky. I like the simple foods like grilled chicken, and salads. I can eat tuna or egg salad all day. So far, my BP is still great after 4 weeks on the plan. I intend to go again to the Doc after another 4 weeks passes.

#156944 - 08/21/03 10:50 PM Re: Worth mentioning again...... $?$?$?$?$
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
We have experienced exactly the opposite on the blood pressure question. My wife has taken medicine to control her blood pressure for a couple of years.
Last week, she passed out at work after giving blood (she gives every 8 weeks).
The problem was her blood pressure was too low. The doctor has taken her off all the medicine and now her bp is perfectly normal.
The doctor is amazed. (He has been on Atkins himself for a couple of months).
DonM

#156945 - 08/22/03 08:51 AM Re: Worth mentioning again...... $?$?$?$?$
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
I did the Atkins thing 25 years ago. I lost weight quick. This may have nothing to do with Atkins but around that time I got pain and weakness in my elbows . That didn't go well with my bricklaying. But like I said it may have had nothing to do with Atkins. I really don't know. It may have been a coincidence.

But the killer with the Atkins diet after a couple of months was, I need to eat my sandwiches. I really missed the bread. Not to mention my cajun red beans and rice. I must have vegetables of all kinds especially beans (which are a killer on the Atkins if my memory serves me right)or I get bored. It's like playing with 4 bar loops forever. Drives me crazy.

#156946 - 08/22/03 09:00 AM Re: Worth mentioning again...... $?$?$?$?$
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
I do get a little bored with it, but not nearly as bored as I was with all that fat around my waist!
I keep finding new recipes to make it interesting. Atkins and other companies also have a lot of their own products out now, such as baking mix, ice cream, candy bars, etc.
DonM

#156947 - 08/22/03 10:15 AM Re: Worth mentioning again...... $?$?$?$?$
brickboo Offline

Loc: Fruita, Colorado, USA
Don,

They didn't have all of that when I did the diet. I did it the hard way. No candy. I don't even want to think of it.

#156948 - 08/22/03 12:31 PM Re: Worth mentioning again...... $?$?$?$?$
Uncle Dave Offline

Loc: Penn Yan, NY
As in ANY diet...you need to change your eating habits, and your lifestyle or it won't work in the long run. Modifying your behavior is paramount to the success of this plan. I eat plenty of veggies, Boo....and i DO miss bread, especially when I smell it fresh baked, but like Don said - I enjoy the smaller waistline FAR more than the limited appeal of bread and cookies.

A wise frind of mine used to say:
You eat to live, not live to eat.
Americans are too hung up on the wrong foods, at the wrong times, in the WRONG ammounts. It's time for a change.

I can't believt the difference in my energy level since I started this. My whole day is constant with a level, stron feeling of energy. No peaks...no valleys...no need for naps after dinner. I fell better than I have since High School.

I'm sure it won't work for everyone, but I can't understand how I missed it all these years. I hope it continues to be succsessful - I'd hate to go back to being fat and tired all the time, Yuk. That's how I feel when I'm waiting for those "endless, 16 bar styles to go by....." yawn !

Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online