SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >
Topic Options
#156829 - 03/18/05 01:49 PM Re: Roland G70 now available in California
ailev Offline

Loc: Moscow, Russia
I love brazilian music (and latin-caribean too, but that is definitely not brazilian), and I love Roland's keyboards for true feeling of brazilian styles. Now I own VA-76 and G70 (and PSR-9000 that have boring semibrazilian styles).

G70 have great sharp sounds (after 1.06 OS patch applied). It is OK with that sounds for me, but it is all about taste.

There are many brazilian styles (sambas and bossa-novas) at G70 and I think (that is my taste, other people think different) that many of it is average quality (it is constantly seems to me "brasilian feeling" of same styles on VA-76 is more than that of G70 -- while G70 styles more elaborated and "CD-quality").

I live in Moscow, Russia and like brasilian music. I have about 200 CD with brasilian music -- from 60-s to contemporary electronic. I like to play bossa-novas and sambas with my arrangers.

Can you point to me places in internet where I can find true brazilian styles for Roland arrangers? Or simply e-mail such styles to me!

#156830 - 03/18/05 04:50 PM Re: Roland G70 now available in California
marcosvampa Offline

Loc: Rio de Janeiro, RJ, Brazil
Fran, did you try XV-5050?

#156831 - 03/18/05 04:56 PM Re: Roland G70 now available in California
marcosvampa Offline

OK Ailev,
it's very interesting a russian musician who like so much our music. At first I will send to you a zip file containing my personal selection of brazilian styles. This styles were picked from a CD distributed exclusively by Roland Brasil with 1100 styles, most of them brazilian styles. In the future, I hope to have a cable connection ISP and I will be able to send to you all the CD data.
Well, I can send you by mail (normal) too, if you give me an adress in Moscow.

------------------
Marcos Vampa
Rio
Brazil

#156832 - 03/18/05 09:20 PM Re: Roland G70 now available in California
ailev Offline

marcos,
you have 1100 brasilian styles - wow! It sounds incredible to me! Thanks in advance for you gift!

ailev@asmp.msk.su -- it's my e-mail (SU is for Soviet Union, I have this address since 1991, when there was no such a country as Russia)

By the way: I am not musician, I am policy adviser (consultant). Simply I love to listen and to play music. I perform with my arrangers only to my wife, son and friends. But it a great pleasure to play arrangers!

I have many softsynth too but rare use that: arrangers have better overall mastering with its factory presets and I not like tweaking and tuning sound to fit, I like already tweaked orchestras that sitting ready to play in my G70 or PSR9000!

5 years ago I provided at one of Moscow clubs a bossa-nova 4-hour DJ set with only 10 famous bossa-nova titles: there was different covers of this great tunes (Desafinado, Corcovado, Girl from Ipanema etc.), no one track was repeated! Since that times my collection was expanded, now I have in addition to CD many (more than 2000) brasilian mp3 tracks. It is not only batucada and bossa but also capoeira and forro and contemporary electronic and "pop" like Banda Eva...

Levenchuk Anatoly,
Malaya Ordynka, 36-21,
Moscow, Russia, 115184

#156833 - 03/18/05 09:30 PM Re: Roland G70 now available in California
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Isn't it wonderful that we have the keyboards and music in common with people from ALL over the world?
If it were up to music lovers, I know there would never be any more wars. Except about arrangers
DonM

#156834 - 03/20/05 04:10 AM Re: Roland G70 now available in California
Synthman Offline

Loc: Denmark
Hi

I'm a danish musician. My jobs is mostly weedings, birthdays, receptions and so on.
I bought the Roland G-70 i december. My expectations were enormous. I've played the G-1000 for more than 6 years, and I've been very satisfied. But after 6 years my ears were a little bit tired of the sound of my G-1000. So I have been waiting for the new Roland G-70 for a long time. And finally I got it. But............
I most say that it's very dissapointing what Roland comes up with. Here we have been waiting for a brand new keyboard, and I was so sure, that finally Roland would kick Yamaha's ass out of the market.
First of all, the sounds of G-70 simply doesn't match the standard of today. There is simply too much VA sound over it. The drumsounds are simply not good enough. I miss the old bass sound from the good old G-800 wich have been in both the G-1000 and the VA. The organsounds are increadible good, and so are the brasssounds. But when you connect it to a PA system the G-70 doesn't move anything. I don't have the feeling of a fat and lovely rich sound.
All the features such as the makeup tools and so on is very very good. The hardware is absolute the best on the market. Metal case, lovely keys and very nice buttons.
But that is not much help when the software leaves so much behind. And when it comes to software there isn't much hope for us who needs different styles on our jobs. Well you can just take the old styles from the VA and use them in the G-70. But every soundlevel must be changed and equed. There is simply to much work with the G-70 before you can go on the first job.
Here Yamaha comes up with a keyboard that sound good, is easy to handle and after a few days programming you can take it on your first job. That's very userfriendly.
I most say that all this combined, the outdated sounds, the lack of software, I most say that the G-70 is not a keyboard for me. It's very sad because I had so big expectations to this wonder.
So I have decided to deliever my G-70 back to the dealer and keep my good old G-1000, and wait til the new Tyrus II comes later this year.
Sorry Roland, YOU CAN DO BETTER.
That's just my opinion.
Sorry for my english*S*

Synthmann

#156835 - 03/20/05 04:39 AM Re: Roland G70 now available in California
ViLo Offline

Loc: Dallas Tx., USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Gunnar Jonny:
There most be one more type Roel, I'm a type 0 , I want the keyboard
to play perfectly just by look at it, if it sing too it's even better!

GJ

Can I join your club???

#156836 - 03/20/05 04:54 AM Re: Roland G70 now available in California
Gunnar Jonny Offline

Loc: Norway
Quote:
Originally posted by ViLo:
Can I join your club???

You're most welcome ViLo.
GJ
"Success is not counted by how high you have climbed
but by how many you brought with you." (Wil Rose)

#156837 - 03/20/05 09:38 AM Re: Roland G70 now available in California
ailev Offline

I want add one more bug in G70: two sounds are identical: Atak Clav.1 and Comp Clav.

But I am satisfied with sounds in general. It is not sounds as VA-76 to my ears as many reports. May be "sound concept" the same, but not quality of sounds. It is very good and crisp sounds -- to my ears. And slightly better then PSR9000 that I own and using as PA for G70 at home.

Yes, bass on G70 is boooooooming (with different sounds selected) via PSR9000. And I understand that it can be tweaked but not want to spend time for it, I simply want to play and want not to tweak all this makeup machinery.

But Cover feature is interesting (listen e.g. Orchestral Bossa in Techno cover). I think that this is not better than style morphing but interesting to play with.

Nevertheless: ROLAND, YOU CAN MAKE IT BETTER!!!

#156838 - 03/21/05 12:12 PM Re: Roland G70 now available in California
marcosvampa Offline

OFF-TOPIC

Ailev, I sended two messages to you but they turn back to me. Please send a abother e-mail adress clicking on the letter icone above.

:
194.220.212.125 does not like recipient.
Remote host said: 550 not approved
Giving up on 194.220.212.125.

Té +
Marcos Vampa

------------------
Marcos Vampa
Rio
Brazil

Page 7 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online