SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
#156766 - 04/10/03 09:44 PM Re: Midi Files
DonM Offline

Loc: Benton, LA, USA
Just pay for it. It is WELL worth the small price.
DonM

#156767 - 04/11/03 06:49 AM Re: Midi Files
Musical704 Offline

Loc: Florida,USA
Thanks all for your responses. I have tried the GNmidi program and it does not work for me. Am I doing something wrong? I try to convert the files from mid to kar and it doesn't seem to do that. Any tips?

Thank you!

#156768 - 04/11/03 07:27 AM Re: Midi Files
Idatrod Offline

Loc: Oceanside, CA USA
Quote:
Originally posted by Musical704:
I tried GNmidi and it did not work for me. I tried to rename the file myself and it only allows you to rename the song title not the filetype. What am I doing wrong? Also is there any program that will allow me to just change the song format from midi 1 to midi 0?

Please advise.

Thank you!

Musical704, GNMidi allows you to change a Midi file from Type 1 to Type 0. All you have to do is Open GNMidi, go to "File", click "Open", then navigate and select your Midi file, then go to the "Convert" tab at the top, then select "Change Midi Format", then click "0". PS: "If your midi file is 'already type 0' then the option will be to change it to type "1". After you do that go to "File", "Save As", then save your Midi to the desired location. There is also an option within GNMidi to change a Midi file 'with lyrics' to .Kar under the "Convert" tab and also to change a .Kar file to .Mid 'with lyrics'. PS: Always remember that you have to (Save/Save AS) the newly modified file.

Best regards,
Mike

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online