SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Topic Options
#156753 - 10/18/02 12:43 AM Questions about TYROS
Micco Offline

Loc: Finland
I have been thinking of upgrading from PSR9000 to TYROS and I have some questions. I have been very satisfied with my PSR9000. The only thing that irritated me was that I had to wait six months for the OS 2 which had all the functions yamaha promised. The second thing I didnīt like was that I didnīt get the OS 2 printed manual. I had to download it form the manual library and print it with my inkjet. This was very poor service from Yamaha.

Two months ago my Iomega Zip drive broke up. I didnīt want to buy a new one because I was also buying a new computer which didnīt have SCSI. So I decided to buy the USB interface. The interface doesnīt work properly. I can not load any data in the keyboard. The interface is mahlfunctioning all the time. I donīt know what to do. Can I send it back and ask them to give my money back?

If I can do that, I will sell the PSR9000 and buy the TYROS, but I have some questions about it.

Is it true that the TYROS doesnīt have sampler like the PSR9000?

Is the quality of the speakers (for the TYROS) as good as the quality of the PSR9000s internal speakers?

Does the TYROS have any bugs? Is the OS ready or is it not ready like it was on the PSR9000 when it came on the market?

Is there going to be a PRO version of the TYROS like there is PSR9000 and PRO9000?

I am very gratefull of all your help!

P.S. Sorry for my bad english

Micco

#156754 - 10/18/02 03:46 AM Re: Questions about TYROS
trtjazz Offline

Micco,
Is it true that the TYROS doesnīt have sampler like the PSR9000

True it does not sample.

Is the quality of the speakers (for the TYROS) as good as the quality of the PSR9000s internal speakers?

This you would need to judge for yourself, because sound is a personal thing and the way I hear it may not be the same as you do.

Does the TYROS have any bugs? Is the OS ready or is it not ready like it was on the PSR9000 when it came on the market?

I'm sure it does have some. Whether or not we'll run into them or not is a different story. It is not a new o/s in this board though it is based on the PSR 2k and Clavinova, which have both been out and upgraded, so I expect it is going to be a pretty stable o/s, at least I am hoping so.

Is there going to be a PRO version of the TYROS like there is PSR9000 and PRO9000

You can count on the fact that if the Tyros is successful there will be bigger better faster versions of it. If it flops then I doubt there will be. That's how marketing works and companies stay in business, by developing new product based on their successful ones.

P.S. Sorry for my bad english

Your English is alot better than I could speak your language I am sure.
jam on,
Terry

[This message has been edited by trtjazz (edited 10-18-2002).]

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online