SYNTH ZONE
Visit The Bar For Casual Discussion
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
Topic Options
#156549 - 12/05/04 01:06 AM Re: Free voices at ArrangerWorkstation.com
Scott Langholff Online   content

Loc: Pensacola, Florida, USA
Hi Mike

Thank you for answering my question. Now I have located them.

Scott

#156550 - 12/05/04 08:52 AM Re: Free voices at ArrangerWorkstation.com
Scottyee Offline

Loc: San Francisco Bay Area, CA, US...
Quote:
Originally posted by Joe Waters:
This "bug" is actually a "feature" that has been available on the 2000, 2100, Tyros, and now 3000.

You can store your editied voice in the USER memory or elsewhere and then call up that voice for MAIN or Layer or Left and save the setup in the registration memory. What does not get saved is the particular "name" you may have given to your "edited" voice. When you recall the registration button, the original name of the voice always shows up, but the sound will be the edited sound saved with the registration.

Hi Joe , though I now fully understand that it works this way, I still consider this a rather flawed feature. I see no practical purpose for the 'original' voice name to appear, instead of the actual 'edited' voice name, which would make FAR MORE sense.

When I call up a registration or OTS button selection I need to know EXACTLY what voice (preset or edited) has been selected.

I'm still trying to figure out WHY Yamaha would have 'consciously' set it up to work this way. What practical purpose does it serve? If there is none, I wish Yamaha could correct this in an OS Update, or at least incorporate this in Tyros II.

Scott

#156551 - 12/05/04 09:44 AM Re: Free voices at ArrangerWorkstation.com
Scottyee Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Scott, Everything was displayed and played as written. Gary

Gary, are you implying here that, on your PSR3000, that the 'edited' voices actually display (on the MAIN Screen Page) the 'edited voice' NAME (when called up in OTS/Reg) and not the original preset names?

Scott

#156552 - 12/05/04 05:32 PM Re: Free voices at ArrangerWorkstation.com
travlin'easy Offline

Loc: Forest Hill, MD USA
Yes, the edited voices are displayed. I just fired the keyboard up to be sure that it didn't loose them and they were there.

Gary

K+E=W (Knowledge Plus Experience = Wisdom.)

#156553 - 12/05/04 07:34 PM Re: Free voices at ArrangerWorkstation.com
Beakybird Offline

Steve, thank you very much for making these voices available. They sound nice. I look forward to your edits of traditional voices like piano, electric piano, guitars, saxes, harmonica, horns, vibraphone, etc. These are the voices that I use the most.

With my PSR3000, on the user voices that I have worked with, the preset voice that the user voice is made from shows up (just like the PSR2000/2100) and not the new user voice. It's a bug - one that should be fixed. It bugs me, but doesn't spoil the picnic.

Beakybird

[This message has been edited by Beakybird (edited 12-05-2004).]

#156554 - 12/05/04 08:45 PM Re: Free voices at ArrangerWorkstation.com
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Hi Scott

I consider this a flaw, too. And I rally hope that Yamaha would fix this in the Tyros by way of an OS update. Along with this, they should give the Tyros the ability to load a default registration on power up. The PSR3000 can do this, too.

Maybe there won't be anything more from Yamaha for Tyros OS updates. Do you think Yamaha has left the Tyros owners holding the bag, at this point?

Tom G.

#156555 - 12/05/04 09:06 PM Re: Free voices at ArrangerWorkstation.com
keybplayer Offline

Loc: CA
Quote:
Originally posted by travlin'easy:
Yes, the edited voices are displayed. I just fired the keyboard up to be sure that it didn't loose them and they were there.

Gary

Quote:
Originally posted by TomTomSF:
I consider this a flaw, too. And I rally hope that Yamaha would fix this in the Tyros by way of an OS update. Along with this, they should give the Tyros the ability to load a default registration on power up. The PSR3000 can do this, too.

Tom G.

Since the Tyros OS can be updated, these two features found on the PSR 3000 would be marvelous candidates for the Tyros through an OS update.

Best regards,
Mike

#156556 - 12/06/04 09:18 AM Re: Free voices at ArrangerWorkstation.com
YamahaUS1 Offline

Loc: Buena Park, CA, USA
The PSR3000 behaves the same way. It is normal, I checked. Yamaha was aware of this before the first Tyros OS. I'm pretty sure it's not going to be addressed.

Steve

[This message has been edited by YamahaUS1 (edited 12-06-2004).]

#156557 - 12/06/04 08:40 PM Re: Free voices at ArrangerWorkstation.com
TomTomSF Offline

Loc: Half Moon Bay, CA, USA
Should we take that as an official announcement that the current Yamaha Tyros OS is not going to be upgraded? Or at least not to include these features we aske for? Like I said... "holding the bag"?

Tom G.

#156558 - 12/06/04 10:12 PM Re: Free voices at ArrangerWorkstation.com
Scottyee Offline

I'm confused ! While Gary Diamond (Travelin'Easy) confirms that, on 'his' PSR3000, that the 'edited voice names' (not the original preset names) are being displayed when called up by OTS/registration, Larry Levin (Beakybird) and Steve Deming claim that on their PSR3000, that ONLY the 'original' preset voice is being displayed when the 'edited' voice is called up via OTS/Reg. So which one is it on the PSR3000? Realizing that the PSR3000 isn't FLASH ROM-Able like the Tyros is, I'm wondering now if perhaps Gary's (newer?) PSR3000 may include a newer UPDATED ROM chip which incorporates the fix for the voice name display problem.

If so, and given the fact that the Tyros 'is' flash ROM-able, I would think Yamaha should be able to easily incorporate this fix in a Tyros OS software update as well, and post it on the internet for Tyros owners to easily downloadable and install, as we did with the previous Tyros OS updates.

Scott

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

Moderator:  Admin, Diki, Kerry 

Help keep Synth Zone Online